Open Staff Positions

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Todd

Open Staff Positions

Post by Todd »

Hey, guys!

This is just a notice that we are currently accepting applications for staffers. To apply, please fill out the feedback form at the domain, and select "Volunteering" from the drop down menu. In the "Your Message" field, please answer the following two questions:

1) Why do you want to staff at Amassment?

2) Which Team (Directory, Forum, Events) would you like to staff on? Feel free to state why you think you'd be a good fit on a particular team, and feel free to list more than one team.

In the Name field, please include your board username in parenthesis beside your name if it is different than what you go by.

Information on our staff teams, our current staffers, and a little on what they do here is on our Staff page.

As for what we are looking for, we want people who are passionate about shrines and who love helping, motivating, and supporting others who make shrines. We do not look at how many shrines you personally have or how long you have been making shrines yourself. One of the biggest things we look at is actually your previous and/or current activity at Amassment, whether that's at the forum, in Shrine Spotlight, in previous events, etc. Please feel free to apply whether you've been a member here for years and have dozens of shrines, or have been here just a short time and are working on your first shrine. Our staffers have varying amounts of experience, and that's awesome, because we get a lot of different ideas and feedback.

We keep all applications on file and will reach out to applicants as staff positions need filled. Please do not hesitate to apply if you think this is something you would have fun with!

If you have any questions, please reach out to me at todd@amassment.org, or comment to this post! Thanks!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Open Staff Positions

Post by Robin »

Quick question--the Staff page shows that only the Events team is accepting applications right now. Is this still true as of this post, or have all the teams been opened up for apps? :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:Quick question--the Staff page shows that only the Events team is accepting applications right now. Is this still true as of this post, or have all the teams been opened up for apps? :)
Great question, Robin! Thank you! The Events Team has current open positions and is in most need of help, which is why it is listed as accepting applications on the Staff page. Staffers sometimes switch teams, however, to try something new or to work in an area that better suits their changed lifestyle (Saya, Destinie, Sofia, and some staffer alumni have all moved teams in the past, for example). For this reason, we like to leave applications open and receive apps for all of the teams, as it's hard to say where we will need a staffer if or when shuffling happens.

As our community grows, we often re-access our staff teams and sometimes create positions on teams, too. Camy and Mikari actually took on positions that were created based on community need and weren't originally there when we first started the community, and they are super integral parts of the staff team now.

So yes, the Events Team does need help now, but in the coming weeks, any of the three teams may.

I hope that answers your question!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

That's great--answers everything :D thank you! :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

Great! No prob. :)
Todd

Post by Todd »

It seems we may not have received some forms you guys may have sent. The form is working -- I just tested it. Not sure what the problem was.

Anyway, please note that I will reply to anyone who applies, thanking you for your application and letting you know we have received it. If you have not received a reply from me within 3-4 days, please PM me here, or shoot me a message at todd@amassment.org, and I'll let you know if we have received it. Thanks!