Domain & Directory Changes

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Samantha

Domain & Directory Changes

Post by Samantha »

Hello everyone!

As you may have already noticed, we've recently made a number of changes to the main domain and directory. The navigation bar has changed--extra information pages have been moved to menus in order for the main community features to be more accessible!

With the increasing size of our directory, we decided it would be more effective and organized to change the way shrines were listed. You'll notice that the directory is a drop-down menu and you can choose various categories--Anime and Manga, Video Games, Animation (which refers to everything besides Japanese animation), Live Action, Paperback and Miscellaneous. Shrines are listed in the category that their subject originated in. So, for example, a shrine to a Pokemon would be listed under Video Games because Pokemon started as a game. The only exception to this standard is if a shrine owner only covers one medium--in which case it'll be listed in that category (such as covering only the movie version of a character that originated in a book). I want to give a special thank you to Masao and the Directory Team--Camy, Robin and Lethe--for making this possible! :heart:

Shrine Spotlight categories will also model the directory categories moving forward in order to make it easier to nominate shrines and increase consistency across the community.

Additionally, several pages have been edited or rewritten because some content was out of date and irrelevant. The Community, Guidelines and Volunteer pages have changed. Please be sure to at least read the Guidelines page, as it has information (new and old) applicable to all members written by our Admin Team. Newer members are also encouraged to read the Community page to learn about the history of Amassment and our various features! They have been re-ordered active to least active.

Lastly, the domain has also been cleaned up of typos and inconsistencies. Thank you to Lethe for her hard work on this!

If you have any questions or comments on any of these changes, feel free to reach out to me or the Admin Team!
Mikari

Re: Domain & Directory Changes

Post by Mikari »

Thanks for all you've done everyone!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I know how much work went into all of this, so thanks, everyone, for working on this together! \o/

We've also updated the site's footer to make it easier to see the community's current level of activity, displaying the current challenge and including Monthly Rewinds!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I saw the new footer!! SO awesome! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Superb work, team!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Laura

Post by Laura »

I'm loving the new directory!! It's so much easier to find shrines to various topics now... I had no idea there were so many paperback shrines. :)

Actually, I just love the overall design in its entirety, including all the little icons and the way everything is presented. Ahh~ <3 Good work, everyone. :3
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I love it! Thanks all for your hard work!!