Titles Are Awesome: Nominations

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Todd

Titles Are Awesome: Nominations

Post by Todd »

Titles
are awesome!

Hi, all!

We are looking to set up a title program here at Amassment. You guys will be able to earn more titles through achievements (like how the title Time Traveler was earned by participating in the Blast From the Past Challenge), and you will eventually be able to spend coins on awesome titles.

To begin, we would like to set up titles for post counts. These titles will be automatically earned when you pass a post stepping stone, like 25 posts, 100 posts, 500 posts, or 1000. We would like to make this a community initiative, and have you guys come up with titles you'd like to see, earn, and possibly use!

At Amassment's first message board (years and years ago), we had titles like Pokemon Master and Sailor Senshi. Think of fandoms, but keep in mind titles do not have to be fandom-related. For old time's sake, we'll go ahead and add the community's previous highest title, Pokemon Master, to the nominations list.

Once we get a good amount of title nominations, we will post a poll, and the 5 titles that get the most votes will be guaranteed to be used here at Amassment. More details on voting later. For now, help us think of titles!

Each member may nominate only two titles, so think hard about this! Post your nominations in comments below.

Thanks, guys!

Nominated Titles
Pokemon Master
Leeroy Jenkins
Todd

Re: Titles Are Awesome: Nominations

Post by Todd »

My first title nomination is "Leeroy Jenkins".
You're playing your favorite MMORPG, First-Person Shooter or other online combat game. You and your team have come up with a workable strategy for how to tackle a challenging opponent. It will require organization and good timing, but you're sure it will work if you get everything set up in advance... wait, did KillerMonkeyz548 just open fire? Congratulations, your brilliant plan has just been ruined in one move by a Leeroy Jenkins.

The Leeroy Jenkins (or just Leeroy for short) is a specific type of Noob who has no patience for complicated plans, preferring to charge full-tilt into the fray and start attacking whatever's in front of him. Since this is a semi-viable strategy some of the time (depending on what game you're playing and the difficulty of the opposition), a Leeroy can remain undetected until the team hits the first real challenge, whereupon he gets everyone killed. Any attempts to point out that he had totally ignored the plan will be met with words to the effect of "plans are stupid". And he will never retreat.
I'll have to think about a second one!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Since we're making shrines, it would make sense to have a few Shrine Maiden.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

nyxmidnight wrote:Since we're making shrines, it would make sense to have a few Shrine Maiden.
OMG you're brilliant XD
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

catnox wrote:I nominate "the Vampire Slayer".
YES!!!!

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Couple of weirder nominations from my fandoms:

- The Doctor
- Companion
- Jedi Master