Questions about a Pancham shrine!

Planning to create or to revamp a shrine and need some help or a second eye with your content? Post away!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan A

Questions about a Pancham shrine!

Post by Megan A »

Hello, everyone!

I'm working on a shrine for little fighting Pokemon Pancham (much because of a suggestion and nudge from Todd :D), and I want to have a little section where I discuss other famous pandas and how they may compare to Pancham (such as Kung Fu Panda). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm OK limiting it to only one panda, but I would like to expand it a bit more if possible. Thank you!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Questions about a Pancham shrine!

Post by Robin »

I don't know if this will help much, but I found some links about fictional/mythical pandas:

http://www.kidzone.ws/lw/bears/facts10.htm
Fictional Pandas
http://www.mittray.com/7-panda-books-ch ... ould-read/
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:I don't know if this will help much, but I found some links about fictional/mythical pandas:

http://www.kidzone.ws/lw/bears/facts10.htm
Fictional Pandas
http://www.mittray.com/7-panda-books-ch ... ould-read/
Ah, thank you SO much! I've been to the first site before, but the rest are new to me so I'm excited to check them out! Hopefully I can find some more! This helps me so much!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

The first panda that comes to my mind is Chen Stormstout from World of Warcraft. *cough*
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I haven't seen/read the series myself, but there's a panda character in Shirokuma Cafe, who is one of the main characters. :3
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

lol this may not even fully count, but I adore the panda in Ranma 1/2 - it's Ranma's father, Genma Saotome, when he comes into contact with cold water. He does cute things in the background and plays cute whenever it's convenient, even though he's kind of a horrible person lmao.

Really lovely idea by the way, can't wait to see it!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Wow, thank you all so much! This is so incredibly helpful even if I can't figure out a way to tie them into my shrine. Plus, I love pandas so I can't wait to check out some new pandas!
Crystal wrote:The first panda that comes to my mind is Chen Stormstout from World of Warcraft. *cough*
The pandas from WoW might actually work out! I'll have to see what I can do! I didn't even think of them.
Elysa wrote:I haven't seen/read the series myself, but there's a panda character in Shirokuma Cafe, who is one of the main characters. :3
Ah, I have seen some episodes of Shirokuma Cafe! I forgot about him too, but I love it! I'll have to watch some more episodes. :D
Lethe wrote:lol this may not even fully count, but I adore the panda in Ranma 1/2 - it's Ranma's father, Genma Saotome, when he comes into contact with cold water. He does cute things in the background and plays cute whenever it's convenient, even though he's kind of a horrible person lmao.

Really lovely idea by the way, can't wait to see it!
omg, he looks so cute! I've never heard of this so I'm excited to check it out! Thanks!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I am late to the game but there is a Board game called "King of Tokyo" and in the first expansion they added a giant Kung Fu Panda copycat called "Pandakai": https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/127 ... okyo-power

I think it would be interesting to talk about it because King of Tokyo is a board game based on the Tokusatsu-genre and is a game about Kaiju! I have a theory that the Pokemon franchise, and films especially, have taken over the kaiju films in Japan starting in the 90's. Toho released a Godzilla film almost every year but then when Pokemon started to gain traction you can see that the films gradually stopped until 2016 (this year!). The films are also very similar in plot: Meet new monster, monster causes chaos, favorite monsters save the day. But I digress!

TL;DR: There are some similarities worth exploring between the two even though Pandakai is a character in a board game and there might be little to discuss about him in detail. :x
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hey, Destinie! Sorry for the delay in my response! I hadn't seen that you replied here! The panda you linked is REALLY awesome, and it's really cool that he seems to also be a martial artist panda! :O I really like your theory about kaiju because that's something I hadn't even thought about before.

I had actually kind of forgotten about this section because I'd decided to go without it for now since i was really struggling to write it, but I am going to bookmark what you wrote if I do decide to readd it at a later date because that is REALLY awesome, and I definitely think I can use that!

Thank you so much for sharing! I am really thankful for all the ideas here!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

If you do write it in the future I would love to read it! :D