Into the Black - Axel from Kingdom Hearts

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Into the Black - Axel from Kingdom Hearts

Post by Megan »

http://like-knives.org/kh/axel
(A big thank you to Sofia who made me this button a few years back! I like it too much to make a new one honestly xD)

So! I have updated the link to this tribute to add it to my subdomain for my KH sites! I uploaded a brand new layout that I like much more than any of my previous layouts for Axel! I have updated all previous information and searched for typos, as well as re-writing some sections completely. I have updated the media section as well! I have alsooooo planned out my new essay pages, but I haven't had enough inspiration with KH yet with all my other sites planned on new series I am into to complete them (However, with the new game coming out maybe I will soon...)

Please update links if you are affiliated/link my tribute anywhere! :D I hope you guys like my new updates to my old shrine. Also, happy 10 years this month(October 7th, 2006) to my tribute from dark-ocean.net to THIS UPDATE. <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Crystal

Re: Into the Black - Axel from Kingdom Hearts

Post by Crystal »

Not gonna lie the layout made me giggle. xD

But seriously, it looks great! I like how much content you have for Axel. I haven't had a chance to read through any of it but hopefully soon! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Beautiful new layout! The orange and black is super striking and lets the art stand out too :) Haven't gotten a chance to read through your new additions, but I definitely will :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Thank you both! Haha, yes! I love that picture of Axel and pluto so I felt like I had to incorporate it in my update! :p
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

WOW, WHAT. Ten years?! That's incredible, omg. Congratulations on a fantastic revamp!

The new layout is BEAUTIFUL! The image you used of Axel is lovely; he looks so chill here, haha. I adore the fiery color scheme you have going on as well as the fonts you used! They're all so different yet work together so well here.

The information you have is so detailed and extensive! You covered him in all the games and everything! I've only played Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II and a hefty amount of CoM—and even that is a crazy amount of information for me to sift through (buuuttt I'm also a lazy bum, haha...). I like the sections regarding Axel's relationships with other characters; every page is so detailed, which was really helpful for someone like me who hasn't played the games in a while!

Because I haven't played many of the other KH games, I really enjoyed reading "Somebody"; wow, if I played the game, met this character and realized who he really was in relation to Axel, I'm pretty sure I would've been gutted. Ow. I'm looking forward to reading your essay, "Lea"!

Like all of your other shrines, I also really liked perusing "Merchandise"! I always look forward to these pages on your shrines because they're always so cute and unique. THAT AXEL PLUSHIE.

I'm dying over your Multimedia/Gallery sections. THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF?! And pixels—my favorite, aaahhh! Like your other shrines, the amount of images/screenshots you personally compile blow me away.

I'm definitely looking forward to your future essays; they all sound so intriguing! Also: KINGDOM HEARTS SUBDOMAIN, HELL YEAH, LET'S GO.

This is such a great revamp for an amazing shrine. Wonderful work! :content: :heart: :star:
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

lol the layout is so cute, haha. But omg there's so much information. There's so much dedication and it really shows, in both the content sections and media. It feels really interactive, and the adoptables are so cute.

I'm really looking forward to the essays! :yay:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

I love this! I am always down for more KH shrines, so this makes me super happy :) And wow, you have SO MUCH MEDIA! It's actually kind of awesome because there's been less focus on media as the years have gone by (it's a lot of work, but I always love putting up media!).

The animal rights graphics is supper cute; the images made me giggle :)
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I love the new layout, Megan! :D Well done on this revamp! I really look forward to the essays! And happy 10th anniversary! :star:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

oooh your KH collective's header is adorable hehe, I love the colours. :music:

Your new layout for Axel is so warm! :heart: I've probably said this plenty of times before, but I have a hard time working with red, and you handled it beautifully. Your layout really reminds me of Axel's flames as well as Twilight Town's sunsets both. ;_; (Samantha mentioned in passing that you're working on a layout archive. Is it up yet? <O><O> I want to craawwwwwwwl.)

I'm particularly happy to see you still actively maintain your KH shrines because it's neat to see information from subsequent installments on them (and wow, this shrine is really old!). With how long KH takes, that has also given people time to catch up... 8Da Looking forward to your essays, especially "sarcasm" and "death"!

This reminds me that I want to reread your Riku Replica shrine soon, since I was rewatching some Naminé shrines recently. ;_;

Also, this line under "weapons & moves" made me giggle:
Axel puts a lot of effort into his battles.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

It looks fantastic, Megan! Very excited to see all the work you've been doing on your Kingdom Hearts shrines. I anticipate your new essays section!