Opening speeches

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Opening speeches

Post by dubiousdisc »

I think splash pages shouldn't necessarily disappear forever. Maybe now they can be used as intro pages for sites with a lot of spoilers. XD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I plan to have a splash page in one of my upcoming sites as a layout selector and welcome... though with all that "content" it might not feel so "splashy"
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

I've never been big on splash pages, even though they can be quite effective -- I need content ASAP! It's like WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY when I see splash pages.

But then again, I'm not exactly known for my patience...
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm not patient either. xD

Splash pages are... I don't know, nostalgic I guess. Though I don't like them if they're too overloaded.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Shiori wrote: But then again, I'm not exactly known for my patience...
Haha, I'm the same. I NO LIKE EXTRA CLICKING.
a spoony bard
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yeah, I guess it's because frames went out of style since the time iframes came around.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'm not thinking of the splash page in the traditional sense: the ones that just have an image and links to cliques (though, I do kind of miss them!)

I am thinking more of how websites are done now. There's a big graphic or design on the main page with links to skip directly into the content and the pages are actually a different design. Think something along the lines of this site: http://www.giftrocket.com/ Big shiny graphic, some text, and then your real meat is on other pages. But minus all the text. I kind of started minimizing my welcome paragraphs already if you check out http://nyarth.net ~ I just put a little blurb at the top and then left the talking for other things. I think I want to start doing it this way just because I feel like I'm rambling and not being very helpful with an opening paragraph. :x
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've seen a lot if those lately, they're like a splash+main page.