Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
Megan A

Re: Pink Diamonds: Diancie of Pokemon

Post by Megan A »

Yay for finishing this shrine! It looks really great! I probably mentioned this before but I really love the layout. I was just looking at it again and thinking about how beautiful it is.

I agree with Lethe that your conversational tone on this is really nice. It feels like we're just having a conversation about Diancie, and your enthusiasm and love is just wonderful. For new things that I don't know if I mentioned, I really liked reading about the abilities. Those are really cool. I haven't used Diancie in battle, but I love the mirrored ability? :O I really liked reading your thoughts on the Pokemon.

Great job, and congratulations again on finishing! :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Megan! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Aku

Post by Aku »

HEY CRYSTAL! I promised I'd stop by and check out your shrine! :music: Sorry it's taken me so long!

For starters: the design is just gorgeous. This is probably one of my favs of yours!! The color palette is so vivid and lovely (love the pop of pink on your hoverstate). Also digging that thick, juicy serif you've chosen for the titles & navigation. The angles of the font are totally reminiscent of Diancie's diamond-cut form, it's an awesome choice whether or not it was consciously made. Everything here feels just right!!

I always love to see what people write about on their Pokemon shrines because I feel like content is so limited, and it's hard to create content without it seeming too far-fetched. I really enjoyed your correlation to carbuncle (the NOT gross kind) and the Carbink page too! This shrine made me want a Diancie for my team... :sob: :nolove: I regret missing all the legendary events ugh! Wonderful work on this!!

(Also I got too curious and looked up carbuncle... NO WHY!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: )
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

No worries Aku! Thanks for checking it out! :D

Thank you so much! I definitely love how my Diancie shrine turned out. It's probably my favorite of all my Pokemon shrines so far. The fonts were done on purpose. I saw diamonds and had to use those fonts. :D

I do agree. There isn't a lot of info on Pokemon and with Diancie being a newer one information is more sparse. I thought the carbuncle thing was interesting too. It was definitely fun to write about haha. Carbink too! I hope they do another event for Diancie. I was surprised it wasn't part of the 20th anniversary stuff. Saaaaad.

I warned you! xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.