The Legend of Zelda

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

Re: The Legend of Zelda

Post by Crystal »

@Destinie: That would be awesome. <3

The only reason as to why I haven't played Skyward Sword yet is because I don't own a Wii and am debating if I should buy one now or wait until the next console comes out. There is only like about maybe 3-4 games I want for the Wii so I'm tentative on what to do. D:
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

(OT: Hmm well if there's only a few games you want, maybe wait for the Wii U since I believe it is backwards compatible. I know that I got the Wii because I wanted it for years and there are a ton of games for it that I *want* and haven't gotten yet. I just found out they released a Kirby 20th Anniversary collection back in September and I want it! Also need to download Pokemon Puzzle League ♥)

So if you get the chance, play Skyward Sword. I couldn't believe IGN gave it a perfect score at first, but the fact that there's so much in it and it ranges from really fun to really challenging, and it's just beautiful, it all makes sense. :D (Also, the game comes with a music CD with LoZ orchestral mixes. If you haven't heard it yet, it's amazing. I keep it in my car. XD)

There's another thing I DID like about WW- the soundtrack. xDD
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Yeah I wanted the Wii for years to but I never had the money to buy it until now. And Pokemon Puzzle Leage? Man I love that game. <3

Agreed! The Wind Waker soundtrack is pretty awesome. Something I never really noticed before is the Windfall Island theme is a sorta remix of the Kakariko Village theme. o.o
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I played the NES Zelda, though I didn't care for it much since I played it after the SNEs Zelda, no comparison. I probably would have liked it if I had started with NES, but I was a SNES kid mostly. Haven't really played anything new. Tried a bit of Minish cap, but didn't get far. I only finish one dungeon ^^;;
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I love The Minish Cap. It's actually one of my top favorite Zelda games. <3
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It was cute, I just never got into it. I remember running around town and getting stuck trying to navigate where I wanted to go, then getting there and dying once and not playing anymore. I had other games to play at the time so I wasn't particularly patient about it. Too bad though, it would have been my first honest LoZ as I went crazy playing with cheat with the other games and poking around to see what would happen. Though I did give Link to the Past and Ocarina a full play through, I had infinite hearts and ran around carelessly dashing in Past and bumping into everything. XD In Ocarina I only skipped the water temple and spent most of my play hours running around on the map playing with Epona. Wow I cheated a lot in the SNES and N64 era. Haven't tried any cheats for any of my PSP games yet though.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Speaking of Zelda cheats, or more appropriately called "easter egg": In Link's Awakening for Gameboy there was the best little trick they programmed into it. So for gameboy color, they had introduced the gameboy printer feature and you could print stickers from your game. So inside the game, you had a camera to take pictures. And the shop owner had it at a ridiculous price. So what you could do was take the camera off the shelf and run around the shop keeper until he was dizzy, then leave the store without paying. It was great! XD

((I never really used too many cheats when playing video games. That's kind of awesome to have infinite hearts, tho!))
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I don't remember that one but I do know a similar one with the regular shops. xD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I was a game genie kid so my cheats were mostly for the SNES and NES and a little for the integrated game shark thingy as I emu the N64. If there was a Zelda game for the PSP (yeah I know, not happening) I would play it honestly. XD I remember seeing an animated series, though I only caught a portion of an episode and never caught it on TV again. It's probably online, but it didn't look all that great anyway. A LoZ anime would be awesome... and if this was real.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

OMG I flipped out when I saw IGN's fake trailer one year like "FINALLY" only be to let down. *sob*

The LoZ animated series is...awful. I try to watch it for funsies but it hurts.