Dream Big

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Destinie

Re: Dream Big

Post by Destinie »

I used to think Sneasel was a cat until I read its history. It's most definitely a weasel, anyway. And Mewtwo is supposed to be a mutated cat monster (Thanks for pointing that out, John Stewart!) even though there's not much cat about him. Well, he does have those little paw-hands. XD
I saw that about the Shinx line, too! How can you look at Luxray and think that's a mouse? :|

[s]I really want a Cheetah Pokemon!!!![/s]

Also, could your friend remember the name of the site? I am very curious. [s]also any sort of reference would be awesome[/s] Is your friend the one who has "Copy Cat"? I think that's an excellent shrine and if I did make the shrine, I'd hope I could make it up to par with that shrine. :>

And "ODD" marathon might be cool. I was actually thinking a few years back about how it might be neat to do an animal marathon or non-human subjects.
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:I used to think Sneasel was a cat until I read its history. It's most definitely a weasel, anyway. And Mewtwo is supposed to be a mutated cat monster (Thanks for pointing that out, John Stewart!) even though there's not much cat about him. Well, he does have those little paw-hands. XD
IIRC Mewtwo's design was based off of the final boss in the first EarthBound game but maybe that's just a fan theory...
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Destinie: Yep, it's her, she thanks you, now if SHE WOULD STOP LURKING
I can see some cat-like elements in Sneasel, but considering what it's based on I'd say, yep, just an effect of stylization.
Agreed on Mewtwo, it's just that I tend to see the monster part more than the cat part. Not to mention that even Mew itself...I see Mew as a cat-mouse. A jerboa, to be more precise.

Joe: That too...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I can definitely see that about Mew. Hmm...!

Also, I'd like if she'd stop lurking, too! ^_~

And realizing that I am super awesome about getting off topic...
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

This is an awesome topic and gah, so many amazing ideas I'd love to see. If only we all had unlimited free time... :cry: I'm hoping to get around to one or two of the following, but it all depends on time and motivation

- Julia Silverstein from Blood+: I love me some Julia and everyone keeps urging me to work on this idea, but the very thought of watching Blood+ for a 10th (11th?) time is enough to make me break out it hives. If it were possible, I would kick that show in the face.

- Ayaka Steiger from Kurau Phantom Memory: This one I think definitely has the potential to turn into a full project, but I've yet to have the chance to finish note-taking. It doesn't help that basically no one knows of or cares about Ayaka, as this impacts on my motivation to finish the damn thing. Idk, it's coming along, maybe.

- Lula from Red Garden: I'd love to re-open my site to Lula, but my motivation to subject myself to re-watching sad Americans whining and hitting things is limited atm. Also a lot of my books on breaking down modern gothic concepts are currently in storage and gah, I'd want to tear into all that gothic crap in a revamped version of Soft Power. :bleh:

- Something Akihabara Dennou Gumi-related: Kiel and I own SO MUCH ADG CRAP that we should put it to good use someday, maybe. We are the entire fandom for this awful show though, so that certainly hampers our motivation to get up and do stuff.

- Various Old Dudes: I like way too many random old guys from a variety of series. I'd like to ramble about them and laugh at them online someday, but I kind of like the GIRLS ONLY thing I've got going with my domain at the moment. Not to mention who in their right mind would want to hear me talk about comically stupid old cartoon men? Nobody, that's who. STILL, I CAN DREAM. :swt2:
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Ava: Alice in Woderland certainly sounds like a fun site. And a big one too, with all the different versions there are.

@dubiousdisc: lol yes and odd marathon. XD Though I'm not sure what I would consider odd, it does sound like a fun idea.

@Destinie: I see Shinx as a big cat, a lion, but definitely not a mouse.

@Jo: It does look alot like the Earthbound boss O.o;;

Maybe someday when I'm less busy I'll actually make one of those shrines... Also, something Harvest Moon.
Ava

Post by Ava »

dubiousdisc wrote:I love how there's quite a few people mentioning sites for "unusual" subjects. I'd so love to see them popping around. I know one of my next project is probably going to be a series of one-pagers about birds. I didn't mention it in this list because it's more likely to happen than any of the others, haha.
That would go great with my seahorse one pager. :yay: I wonder how many other people secretly desire to make an animal fansite.
Shiori wrote:- Various Old Dudes: I like way too many random old guys from a variety of series. I'd like to ramble about them and laugh at them online someday, but I kind of like the GIRLS ONLY thing I've got going with my domain at the moment. Not to mention who in their right mind would want to hear me talk about comically stupid old cartoon men? Nobody, that's who. STILL, I CAN DREAM. :swt2:
Hahaha. I feel the same way about my Final Fantasy Girls theme at heartilly.com. I'm not ready to break that pattern yet. Maybe someday. :D
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I swear the shrine I've been telling myself I would one day make was always one to Athrun Zala from Gundam SEED... but I still haven't gotten there...

But I think my list would be:
  1. Athrun Zala (Gundam SEED/Destiny) - long time old favorite...
  2. Theon Greyjoy (ASOIAF) - ask me for my Theon feelings, I can barf it up like no one's business, but I can't seem to organize it into a coherent site...
  3. Sansa Stark (ASOIAF) - same as above...
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Aw you should at least find some time to do #1, since it's a long time old favorite!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Aw, this is making me want to bring back my Orca shrine. :sob:

Anyway, to answer the question. As far as dream sites go, well, I had this idea for a sub-collective a while back. I thought of not only making a shrine to Megara, but to several other Disney ladies: Cinderella, Jane and Mulan. I was going to call it "Ladies of the Castle", or something like that. (You know, because of the Disney castle. :)) It's still something I want to do, but while I am quite positive I will get at least Megara done, I just don't know about all the others.

Lots of interesting shrine ideas floating around! It would be nice to see these dreams fulfilled. Also, Odd Marathon sounds awesome. *_*
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.