Motivation

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Eimii
Time Traveler

Re: Motivation

Post by Eimii »

fanlistings motivate me... and sometimes just playing a game motivates me. More recently, you guys have become motivation too! :D

I like challenges like the creature feature, as it made me think about characters who could use more love. Not sure if i could do a marathon though, that would take a lot out of me @_@
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

For me, I think it's 50/50. So it pretty much depends. Take Little Queen's for example. I wanted to do both at the same time and lucky for me, since she wasn't a big character, I was able to finish the fanlisting and the shrine under the fanlisting time limit. However afterwards, I felt better if she didn't have the fanlisting and just kept the shrine open. :) But usually, if I watch the movie, read the series, play the game, (and actually have a date set for when it's due), then it's usually the motivation for me rather than the fanlisting (if it's taken that is).
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

I find motivation vastly depends on the people who are also interested in said subject. Right now I'm in such a Persona hype because I'm constantly surrounded by people on Twitter who love it or are getting into it, so staying focused on Persona shrines is really easy. :music: I also find it a lot easier if the subject is from something that I've memorized like the back of the hand. I don't like to have to go and replay something to get my memory fresh... I want to play or watch something because I want to. Though sometimes shrines can be a motivator to play something and that's super cool.

Sometimes I get motivated when I'm playing or watching something currently, but I'll never start anything until I've finished it!

Marathons and events are also great motivators for me. If something has a set date I'll stop procrastinating and work on it a lot more. My biggest problem is that I get too lazy to open up my files and start writing. :swt: I have to kick myself in the butt to do it. It also helps if the shrine is smaller... If there's less content to write I tend to have an easier time because I get anxious if there's too much content to write and simply won't for weeks at a time. (Which is what happened with Yukari.)

I also find the subject matter is a big thing! If it's simply rehashed content, I get bored easily. Which is why I try to make each of my sites have unique content, even if they're from the same game. I really hate repetitive tasks...
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Tara wrote:I find motivation vastly depends on the people who are also interested in said subject.
YES. This goes for everything in life for me... even working out. I'm way more motivated to get off my ass if other people are talking about it. XD

It's a lot more fun to get into a series when you have people to talk about it with! That's why I like to post in the media sections to try to generate some discussion on various topics I'm working with. :)
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

@wolfrun: Right!? It really helps when you've got friends talking about the subject or even shrining the same subject as you! Every time I saw Persona 3 talk on Twitter I just got so motivated... Like, hell yeah!! We're all making shrines to this series and it's awesome and great and wow I need to get off my lazy butt and work on my shrine.
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.