Grace like Ice

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Grace like Ice

Post by Tara »

I can't believe I did this in two days, lol. But I finished my shrine to Glaceon! Glaceon is my favourite Pokemon, so I knew right away who I'd shrine for the Creature Feature. I had a couple days off work so I just went nuts. I had so much fun with this! I might do another one when I get days off from working on my other shrines.

Grace like Ice - a shrine to Glaceon
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: Grace like Ice

Post by Sarah »

Tara, this is so cute! I love the layout, such pretty colors. I also had a lot of fun reading through it. The strategy page was particularly interesting/informative. Awesome work! :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm probably more excited than I should be but Glaceon is awesome so I think it's allowed. I'm super excited to see a shrine for Glaceon (it's one of my favorites too) and yours is totally awesome!

I noticed though that on your link page it is asking people to link back to "glaceon.eyezeal.org" I'm not sure if that's right or not so I thought I'd mention it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Ahhh I always miss something when I proofread. Thanks Crystal, I'll get to fixing that as soon as possible! I'm still getting used to my new domain...

I think I worked the most on the strategy page haha. It was a lot of fun to write because I love writing about strategies and tips for using my favourite Pokemon. :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is so cute! I liked the history and reason pages best :D well done!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

OH MY GOD HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THINGS SO QUICKLY. I've hardly started my Creature Feature and I signed up like a month ago. ;-;

Anyway! Tara, I LOVE IT. Glaceon is awesome, and the layout is adorable. I loved the history page a whole lot, it's really interesting. :)
a spoony bard
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Tara, this is awesome! I love the soft colors! The reasons and strategies pages are my favorite! I just use pokemon because I like them. xD

I do find the text a little difficult to read, especially your italics (and I swear I just had my eyes checked). Otherwise, I think it looks beautiful!
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Thanks everyone! If the italics are a little hard to read I can darken them up a bit. My monitors colouring is a bit off so until I can afford a new one I'm stuck with off colouring. @~@

I usually just use Pokemon that are cute, which is why I formulate strategies in my head and by reading what others say about it, so that I can use it to its utmost potential. (I love strategizing :p)
Todd

Post by Todd »

Congrats on finishing! Yay. It looks great! I love the Eeveelutions. Someone signed up to make a site to Umbreon, Crystal has a site for Flareon, and Michelle has a site to Vaporeon. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon need shrines!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Todd wrote:Congrats on finishing! Yay. It looks great! I love the Eeveelutions. Someone signed up to make a site to Umbreon, Crystal has a site for Flareon, and Michelle has a site to Vaporeon. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon need shrines!
Agreed (sign me up for Sylveon)! No lie, these Pokemon shrines are inspiring me.
a spoony bard