Affinity

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Aku

Re: Affinity

Post by Aku »

Lovely design & awesome shrine, Tara! I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of Yukari in the early stages of the game. (And based on your section about her being slandered as a "bitch"--a great essay btw--you are aware she's not a popular character in the fandom, haha.) That being said, I was really interested in reading your take on her. :)

I love the way you've taken her apart in so many different ways: persona, arcana, appearance, important relationships in the game. I feel like you've covered her as a character fully without overdoing it. It's very digestible! SMT has a lot of symbolism and fun things to pick apart as a player, so these kinds of shrines are really fun for me. I'm super glad to see Yukarin get such a spot-on shrine~! And I really love the way you've written it out to show that she isn't a bitch, she's just a girl who speaks up for herself and what she believes in. :)

(I will second what Snow said, it might help to add some contrast between your background color and your font by making your font a darker shade of pink. It is really hard to read on my monitor! :cry: )
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Thank you Aku!! *o* I love making shrines to games like Persona because of all the symbolism it has. I've always had a great interest in learning about the Tarot and this shrine gave me just the incentive. It was a lot of fun to learn about! I'm glad you enjoyed reading all my rambling~

I did darken up some of the text since the both of you hinted that it was too bright (I blame my off-colour monitor), but if it's still not bright enough let me know and I'll darken it up some more! :D
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

It's still very light for me, Tara-dear. I would appreciate if you could try and darken it up some more. But if everyone else can read it, it could just be me. Let me screen what I see, maybe that'll help?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ ... 75e7ad.png
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Oh okay, I'll darken it up a bit more later today then! Thanks for letting me know.
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Sorry for the trouble, dear! ;w;
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm with everyone else, haha. Avoiding the spoilers because I want to play this game, too, but it looks amazing! I'm so happy to see you back shrining!