Shrines for characters with fluid info?

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Shrines for characters with fluid info?

Post by nyxmidnight »

I don't really have much to add to what's already been said, but it's an interesting discussion as I will probably end up making a shrine to Nocturne's Demi-Fiend... one day.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I'd personally go for the FULL EXPERIENCE and analyze all possible characters in the character because I like non-linear narrations, but yeah, you could also focus on one. I guess it really depends on your approach to the character itself - whether you like best one version or whether it's the complex storytelling around that character that fascinates you. I don't think it's impossible at all - just quite time-consuming.
Laura

Post by Laura »

I'm currently working on my Nyreen site and I'm lucky because her character is fairly scripted; you can't romance her so there's no alternate path to take with her. I would love to do sites for Garrus and Liara in the future and if I were to do so, I'd definitely talk about their friendship vs romance options for both female and male Shepard, and additionally how their relationships with other characters may change based on those choices.

ie: If you do not romance Garrus, he seems to form a relationship with Tali and the two are seen together a few times. Otherwise, there's nothing special going on between them. I'd mention this in a section about Garrus' relationship with Tali as I'd like to be as thorough as possible.

I guess I'd try to stay as neutral as possible in how I approach a subject... thankfully, characters like Garrus, Liara and Tali are all their own unique personalities; I think what happens to them is generally confined to relationship roles, with some special exceptions.

I think the important thing to remind ourselves is that shrines don't have to encompass every single little aspect of a character... I think it'd be wonderful to see a female Shepard shrine that details one particular person's play through, because it's a representation of what THEY experience and what THEY love about the character... and that's fundamentally what makes every shrine unique. <3

...also, I just want to see more Mass Effect sites. >_> lol