Final Fantasy VIII

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Aku

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Post by Aku »

Pretty much what everyone else said: fight what you run into, grind if needed, and the junction system is broken as hell--take advantage of it and even Selphie will deal hilarious amounts of damage with merely basic attacks. XD FF8's battle system is fun because there's so much you can do with the system and everyone's experience is different. (Also Triple Triad best minigame ever!!!)

I'm curious what you're shrining, Todd! :3
Cherri

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Post by Cherri »

Shrine all the things! I'm really bad at junctioning, so I just hand the controller to Snow and say "Set this up so I can kick ass like you do." Junctioning (100 of each) ultima, pain and esuna will pretty much make you absorb everything. Don't separate your magic either. Everyone gets their own unless it's already maxed. Also don't use magic that's equipped. And fight everything (even if it is annoying). I didn't always follow the "Fight everything" rule. I do now and it helps a lot. I also go with the "If I don't find it, no one gets equipment" rule. I don't like spending gil unless I have to.

Though the game loves me and I can run in circles and get payed. Makes me wanna play...a little.
;o; *** pew! pew!