Animal Crossing: Town Layout

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

Re: Animal Crossing: Town Layout

Post by Crystal »

Late but here's mine. Named after my hometown of Olds! (because I'm that uncreative with town names lol) I can't remember why I chose this layout, and although I'm not entirely happy with it, I've invested far too much time to want to start over lol. :P
Image I might need to move the west bridge because Molly had her house built RIGHT THERE. I don't know where I'd move it though. :(
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Ohh, yeah, that house right by the bridge would be annoying, for sure. I do like how your river is, I'm not too fond of how mine cuts through the town. But like you said, Crystal, I've invested far too much time (almost a year now!) to change my town now. I might move the bridges at some point.
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

I just started my town yesterday, haha, but here is Spira (Machina is forbidden!):
Image I was pretty picky and restarted a few times before settling with this. I wanted:

1) Access to all areas of the beach without swimming.
2) An east coast town.
3) I wanted the town hall and event plaza (where the tree is planted) to be close to each other. When I played last year, I missed a lot of things because I never had a reason to go to the event plaza. It being beside the town hall makes me pass it everyday.
4) I wanted 2-3 ponds. Some layouts had none, and some had like 6.
5) Once I get my second bridge built, I'll be able to run from the dock to Re-Tail pretty easily.

Emma, I love your town's name and layout!

And Crystal, yours isn't bad! Don't restart! lol, Your layout has all the things I was looking for as well.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

@Emma: Haha yeah. There is like this tiny area I can squeeze through to get to the bridge or I can just go in between the two houses. I think just moving the bridge would be easier though lol. I think your river is fine. It has its advantages in a way. In mine it can be hard to find a place to put bigger public works projects.

@Todd: Thanks Todd!
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

my town is looking kinda sad. i used to have houses evenly spread out but then everyone in the top section pretty much decided to move out. and new people moved into the bottom. maybe ill put in some public work projects to fill in the void. the bottom left area is not really that empty. i have solar panels and the lighthouse there.

My town's name is Ivalice. Image
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I have a similar problem too. All the houses in my town used to be evenly spread out and now they're kinda clumped in one area. I think putting certain public works projects into some areas may have something to do with that. xD
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

*Resurrecting this post*

This is my second town! I like it, but I wish the houses behind mine were in another place so I can be a little more hidden back there. It's not terrible though. I still have my cabin in the woods! :D