Where did it go..? D:

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Laura

Re: Where did it go..? D:

Post by Laura »

Aku wrote:Can there just be a shrine archive where anyone who chooses to "retire" can poop their shrines onto? T^T I realize some people probably just want to let things die, but a lot of older shrines were really inspirational to me!
We sort of do that for Slayers shrines with Dramata.org. :) The domain was originally supposed to be a shrine collective in general, but many of the sites there haven't been updated in a long time. It's possible that the owners lost their login information (it has been a while) but I'm pretty sure a few of them just no longer have any interest. I'm glad we were able to host them when they were active though, else there'd be way fewer Slayers fan sites out there.
Todd wrote:I'm sure we could even offer hosting at amassment.org for archived shrines.
That'd be amazing!! :D I hope you decide to do it!!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

That's a great idea, Todd! :D
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

I like that idea Todd!

also im really bummed one of my affiliates Airi's domain vanished. i have a feeling she just didnt renew pacific-dusk but im sad. she had some fun content and lovely designs. :(
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

EEEEeeeee! That would be awesome! I'm always sad when I can't find one.

There was on called "Carpe Diem" and it was to Basch from Final Fantasy XII and hosted at Floral-Falal.net (I know I'm butchering one of those names). And it was soo cool and awesome and I loved it so much. But then one day it was gone. There was also Midgar-Rock, but she adopted out some of her shrines because she broke up with Square Enix over 3rd Birthday (and some other stuff but honestly I think it was more of 3rd Birthday). She had a lot of Final Fantasy VII stuff.

And I'm really paranoid that you guys might just up and close and take them off the internet. ;.; So I really like Todd's idea. Mikari had taken some of hers down but Snow and I convinced her to put them back up. ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

ooo Stacey Anne from Peach-Arrow.net! i miss her Fran/Balthier site. Also her Ayu site. D: She had so many good sites.

I think i remember the Basch site. There were little pant tassels you could adopt and show on your page in support XD
Todd

Post by Todd »

Her Ayu site is still online: http://ayu-vogue.net/
Eimii
Time Traveler

Post by Eimii »

oh my gosh i had no clue. i just assumed she quit the web design scene. i could never remember her domain title for her ayu stuff. thanks todd! :D
Laura

Post by Laura »

Cherri wrote:And I'm really paranoid that you guys might just up and close and take them off the internet. ;.; So I really like Todd's idea. Mikari had taken some of hers down but Snow and I convinced her to put them back up. ^-^
Probably never going to happen for me... I'm pretty sure I'll be like 89 years old and going "Oh, those were the days..." XD

But I do sometimes feel afraid that some sites will disappear. T-T So many have!
Eimii wrote:Stacey Anne from Peach-Arrow.net!
I miss her sites too. p_p
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Popping in to say that a shrine archive would be amazing and wonderful! I totally miss Cherudim.org as well. Anise's work was wonderful. There's also a lot of online friends I made through shrines back in the day and their work isn't around anymore, either. :(
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Lately I've been really missing battalglia.org. Vivienne had really gorgeous designs and her sites were great.
tonight fate is the