Cute Charm

From the beginning of January 2014 until the end of June 2014, we are challenging members to create sites to non-human characters! Robots, aliens, fairies, animals... Let your imagination go wild!
Emma
Time Traveler

Cute Charm

Post by Emma »

More Pokemon!

I finally finished something for this challenge! I actually really struggled with this site - I've never made a Pokemon shrine before and I was at a loss as to what and how I would write about it. It's probably not helped by the fact that Sylveon is such a new Pokemon with a lot less history and information than some other Pokemon. I'm still not entirely happy with this site, to be honest, but I think it's something I can continue to work on here and there as inspiration strikes or as Sylveon pops up in more things. :heart:

Also, despite how difficult I found it, I do want to make more Pokemon sites in future. :)
a spoony bard
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Cute Charm

Post by Larissa »

oh my goodness this is stupendously cute. I love love love that you have a page about mahou shoujo -- I'd never thought about that in relation to Sylveon, but now I can't unsee it! (Also I feel silly for not seeing the "sylph" reference in its name, ahaha.) I learned a bunch about Sylveon from this site; it was a joy to read through. Lovely work - and you better make more Pokémon sites! :content:

Two things! There seem to be some broken images on the anime page, and the first image in the media section doesn't want to load. :( Other than that everything looks lovely!
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Whoops. That's what I get for trying to proof everything at 4AM. >.> Although, the images on the anime page are working for me in Safari, but not in Chrome or Firefox, and then they wouldn't open in Photoshop...maybe the colour profile saved weird? I know different browsers will ignore bad profiles. BUT WHATEVER. I don't know. It's all fixed now, anyway. Thank you for letting me know. :)

And thank you for the nice comments! I'm glad you liked it. :) (Sylveon is such a magical girl, it's why I loved it straight away haha)
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Already told you I loved it on Twitter but now that I've had the chance to sit down and read it I very much enjoyed it. I love Sylveon and would totally use if it not for the fact that Gardevoir is a fairy-type too (I probably still could though considering I usually have two dark-types in my party (Absol and Greninja) and always struggle to find a 6th Pokemon for my team). But yeah, I thought the reference to mahou shoujo was a really neat idea. I can totally see that with this Pokemon.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Aw so cute! I love the Mahou Shoujo page and I also can't unseeit now. XD I also really enjoyed the reasons page, strong cuteness FTW!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Aww! Good job!

Hehe, the Mahou Shoujo page made me laugh so much. Man, why did you have to remind me about the feelers thing. I still can't tell if Sylveon was meant to be cute or terrifying...
Aku

Post by Aku »

Ahh this layout is giving me cavities! This site is absolutely adorbs. The name section was an interesting tidbit, I'm not as well-versed in the newer Pokemon as I am with the older ones so it's interesting to hear the origin of the other Eeveelution names. xD

And yeah! Sylveon totally reminds me of a magical girl! Now worried about Sylveons offering me contracts though...
Todd

Post by Todd »

Aw, this is awesome, Emma! I loved the Magical Girl/Mascot page. I can't see Sylveon any other way now, haha. The layout looks great, too. :)
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Thank you all! :heart: I'm glad everyone enjoys it, especially the magical girl page. I'm pretty sure that's the entire reason I wanted to make a Sylveon site, haha.

Dubious - I know, right? I think especially with the big staring, unblinking eyes on Sylveon, it can definitely be a creepy cute Pokémon. ;)
a spoony bard
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

So cute! I love your layouts, Emma. <3 And I had so much fun reading through the site. I enjoyed the anime page a lot, and I will echo everyone else in saying the mahou shoujo page is really neat. (Not to mention very insightful!) Wonderful job. :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.