Using External Resources

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Using External Resources

Post by nyxmidnight »

I use pre-made resources. My shrines are now built on Bootstrap. Hell the new design for Nyx's Lounge is a template based on Bootstrap I bought on ThemeForest. Why? Because I work a whole goddamn lot and I don't have time to study responsive design to write my own stylesheets and build my own designs from scratch for such extensive sites anymore. But assembling elements from a template in my own way and adding things to make it mine, that I can definitely do. These sites are made by people who want you to use them, so why not? And since it's based on Bootstrap it's easy for me to understand and poke the code to add things in and rip things out.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I don't really use premade resources personally. I feel it takes away from the fun, since its no longer completely mine. For job stuff it's another story, I'll use every resource I can get my hands on to get things done as quickly as possible. I'm not picky with that, but I'm very picky with my personal stuff.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I never use pre-made resources but I do use brushes/textures other people make. I think people make them for a reason so it's nice to be able to appreciate someone else's work.