Making some adjustments to Enthusiast?

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Chibi

Making some adjustments to Enthusiast?

Post by Chibi »

Hello again, script section of Amassment!

So... since Tess has stopped developing Listing Admin and the script still has a few bugs that I can't fix myself (plus I've noticed that people generally tend to join a fanlisting that uses Enth more than one that used LA), I've been thinking recently of going back to Enth and converting all my fanlistings back to it. There's only a couple of things that are stopping me at the moment:

1) The way Enth handles affiliates. Each fanlisting has its own affiliates table. However, this is a bit inconvenient for me, because I have multiple fanlistings with the same affiliates and it just bothers me to add the same affiliates multiple times. Is there any way to tweak the code so that I can have one table for all the affiliates and add an affiliate one time for all the fanlistings?

2) Crosslisting. How does it work on Enth? I know it's possible because I have seen people do it, I just don't know how exactly you do it.

I would normally try and fix this stuff myself, but I don't know much PHP (I'm going to start learning it in September) and I was just wondering if anyone here would like to help me. :) Thanks in advance!
Aku

Re: Making some adjustments to Enthusiast?

Post by Aku »

Hey Chibi,

I'm not exactly sure about #1, but in the case of #2 I'm assuming you mean a fanlisting that is listed in more than one category? You just need to cmd + click (maybe something else on windows? ctrl + click?) on multiple categories within your Enthusiast panel when setting up the Listing Information! It will list it in as many categories as you would like.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I should have probably clarified what I meant by crosslisting - basically co-owning a fanlisting between two Enthusiast scripts on different domains and have it listed on both scripts with the same members and everything. Sorry, hope what I meant is clear now! But thanks for your help anyway. :D
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

#1: As far as I know -- and my PHP knowledge is limited -- this is an extensive change that would require a lot of coding. This is not a minor feature addition, but something that would require recoding most of the affiliates function. While I agree it would be way more useful to have everything in one table, I wouldn't hold your breath for it, whether it's coding it yourself or asking someone else to do it -- it's a ton of work.

#2: This is the tutorial to use. It's an archived version of Angela's site (the Enth script author) since the page is no longer online. cPanel and mySQL have probably changed in the years since it was written but the basics should be the same.
tonight fate is the
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Yeah, I thought it would be quite a bit of coding to do. I'm going to learn PHP and MySQL at uni so I might just do it myself in the future.

And thank you, Larissa! That's exactly what I needed. :D