Miscellaneous shrines and sites

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Todd

Re: Miscellaneous shrines and sites

Post by Todd »

1. Where would you say your "comfort zone" lies when it comes to making shrines? ie anime/manga, tv/movie, comics, actors/actresses, literature, etc.

I'd say my comfort zone is video games. I've gone out of my comfort zone on a number of occasions, though. My Drew Barrymore site, my Reiko site...

2. Have you considered shrining something other than a character? ie relationship, music, series, etc? Is it too daunting/intimidating/effort?

I've considered shrining a series, but it does look like too daunting of a task. Maybe one day.

3. Have you made a website that is not a shrine, but is a dedication to something you care about? ie clique, educational site, etc

Does Amassment count? lol
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Todd wrote:Does Amassment count? lol
I say it does!

I've also pondered that for Emotion as well...
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Crystal wrote:
Todd wrote:Does Amassment count? lol
I say it does!

I've also pondered that for Emotion as well...
Emotion definitely counts!
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

1. Where would you say your "comfort zone" lies when it comes to making shrines? ie anime/manga, tv/movie, comics, actors/actresses, literature, etc.

As long as the thought of "Hey I want to show my love/interest more for it, then I'll make a site!" comes to mind, I choose "Large/endless range for 10,000."

But, I'll also choose "Men who are misunderstood for 15,000!" XD

2. Have you considered shrining something other than a character? ie relationship, music, series, etc? Is it too daunting/intimidating/effort?

Oh yes! I'm working on a relationship one right now (and need to get my butt into gear!). Sometimes though, like a series, can be a bit too intimidating for my lazy butt. It all depends on what it is.

I also got this strange idea of making a shrine for swords. I mean, come on, helllo. Sexy weapons with blood and slices people to pieces and stab and still look so gorgeous AND can be made into any form as long as it's wield-able? Just me? XD

Oh and don't get me started on double swords~. [s]I think I have a fetish....[/s]

3. Have you made a website that is not a shrine, but is a dedication to something you care about? ie clique, educational site, etc

Does a roleplay character site count? -shot- XD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Varen

Post by Varen »

As Aku said, it's not so much of a comfort zone and more like where my interests lie. In most cases, it's video games. I suppose in a way, it would count as comfort zone of sorts, haha.

Not particularly because it's daunting, it's just that I don't have enough interest to do the effort. I make shrines dedicated to subjects I have a huge obsession with, because I use it as a personal bubble to ramble. But this often lies with characters, not other mediums. For example, I might like a series, but I don't follow the news for it a lot and/or I am not too emotionally invested in it. Very often, I am into a series *because* of a character I like.

I have considered making a relationship fansite in the past, but I was never too much of a shipper, haha. Of relationships I loved, I eventually lost interest and gave up on the projects.

... Well, there was that old Neopets petpage I made about my Neopet, but yeahhhh not going to go to there. Other than that, no, I haven't. Though I should consider something like that in the future.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Um, this is a weird question for me, mainly because I don't think I really have a "comfort zone"... I have different shrines planned, some about anime/manga, others about games, a couple even about tv shows/books/comic books. Basically, as long as I love something and feel like shrining it, I will, regardless of its fandom/origin.

Yes, many times. In fact, I actually plan on making a relationship shrine for one of my biggest OTPs in the future and even a fansite about my favourite video game ever. I won't lie - sometimes, when I think about it, it is a little intimidating. The information is a lot and I will certainly have to rewatch the tv show where my OTP is from and replay the game in order for the info on the fansites to be as accurate and as complete as possible. But if I think of all the work I have to do, it will be easier for me to give up; so I try not to think about it, and focus on just a few sections at a time.

I plan on opening a clique in the future (the layout is done, I just need to modify the script a bit and it will be finished). I have also opened a claiming rotation, although I'm not sure it counts as an answer for this question. XD
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Todd wrote:Emotion definitely counts!
Woot!
Camy wrote:I also got this strange idea of making a shrine for swords.
Seriously, I would love to see something like this!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Characters that have enough of a story to analyze but their story is not too long. For example, a character from a video game with one specific path or a with path options that all fit together as a whole or have few important differences (as opposed to games with a dozen different possible plots/endings). Or a character from an anime that doesn't have more than 30 or so episodes. Although I can make a shrine to character that have very minor appearances, as I realized with the minor character marathon, I tend to get overwhelmed or just plain bored with "big" characters. There's a lot to say and the goal of "finishing" feels too far away. I can work on fanfic for a year or two after coming up with a long plot, but I hold an interest in making a shrine for more than a week or so, that is talking about things I already know rather than writing a story that is new as it is with fanfiction. That's also the reason why I finish marathon shrines so quickly. I tackle my subject until it's done because I have the chance to say "it's not worth the effort. Who am I repeating all this in writing when people can find out by watching/playing." It's more entertaining to me to write a story rather than an article and I tend to lose interest on my shrines pretty soon after they're done.

I shrines a relationship before, two actually, but those shrines are not up anymore. Overall I prefer a character over a relationship, probably because I'm an "individual" kind of person who doesn't really get attached to others. I can use emotions as a plot and it entertains me, but for analysis I prefer independent characters. Though sometimes those characters do have important relationships that shape who they are, the site tends to center more on the individual, seeing the growth of the character, rather than the effect on both. It's more about the experience that happened, rather than the person who caused it, in a sense.

I have a notes Azure but it's more so for my own personal reference. I shared it with Snow and Cherri and they found it useful so I started to list it at my collective. I also have a small clique Indigo which is about Kanto Pokemon, the first season of the anime, the first generation of Pokemon, the first few games, anything linked to Kanto and the Indigo League in general. I have also considered making a shrine to "an unusual subject" which I mentioned before on LJ. Todd knows what it's about, not the specific subject as I haven't decided that, but I did tell him what the idea was about... Although I don't know when/if I'll get around to it.
Camy wrote:I also got this strange idea of making a shrine for swords.
Seriously, I would love to see something like this![/quote]

I have actually considered this too because I have a thing for legendary swords in video games. Especially when you need to find some super sword in an RPG. I guess it all started with the Master Sword in A Link to the Past. Pulling it out from its place in the forest was such a memorable event!
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I'd say my comfort zone specifically is Fullmetal Alchemist. In my process of creating Fullmetal and Soul Bound, I didn't re-read the whole series. It's like because I've re-read and re-watched the series/movies/ova/manga/novels/profileBooks/etc countless of times, subjects and topics easily comes to me. Unlike the previous shrines I did that I had to go over the series again and do some researching just so I could get an idea of what topics to write. I'd also say my favorite series from my childhood are also a comfort zone to me. :blank:

Last year, I did started a shrine for a relationship between twin brothers. I haven't finished it though. I've also tried to make a shrine for FMA/Hagaren series but I gave up because there is just too much workload of topics to include. haha. :swt2:

fanlistings. lol. :blush: Before shrining, I did had a FMA specifically Edward Elric blog.
aminuet .。. king
anon

Post by anon »

I've only made websites to animus and mangos.

I've done a relationship. The way I discuss relationships are pretty hard because it's just like three sites in one for me. Two for the involved parties, and one for their relationship. It's a lot of effort, which is why I wouldn't do it a lot but results are what matter the most to me.

Not a dedication, but I actively maintain sites for my own creative works.