Pokemon #673

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Pokemon #673

Post by Megan »

So, I've finally finished my first Pokemon site (non-human), and I am very pleased! I picked a random one out of my upcomings, and I am so happy I chose to work on Gogoat first! He is a new Pokemon from X&Y, so some people may not be familiar with him. However, he is awesome!

On the Mountainside is what I decided to name it, mostly because he is a goat type Pokemon, and the roam free on mountains. I linked a lot of sites already, so if you're interested in linking me back that would be awesome!

Hope you guys enjoy it~
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Crystal

Re: Pokemon #673

Post by Crystal »

Already told you but I love it! <3 I'll get Gogoat added back to Sawsbuck here shortly (sorry it's taking me so long).
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Wow Megan, you're on a roll! I just finished reading through this and I really love it. :D Gogoat sounds like such a sweet Pokemon. I love that they can read minds, that's awesome. Your page on that, as well as the one on goats, are my favorite parts of the shrine. Though the whole site is just plain awesome. Not to mention the layout is so pretty and green. :yay:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Lovely and well-themed design! :D woot woot! And what thorough content and visitor goodies--and even some neat non-Pokemon info to tie in with the actual animal and the various meanings it's taken on in mythology.

A couple of things to fix:
- On the Profile page, under Voice Actor, the apostrophe in " James' " is between the e and the s instead of after the s.
- The "Affiliate?" mailto address link, almost at the very bottom of the main page, reads "like-kinves.org" instead of "like-knives.org".

Other than that, everything looks amazing! You're cranking shrines out like a boss!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Gogogogogogogogo
goat

Awww, Gogoat. :)
I really like what you did there! You got really creative with the extra pages there (Alexa, mind reading, on goats...)! Very enjoyable read!

(Can I say that I really like how you have the gen 1-styled Pokédex there? :P Haven't seen one of those in a while!)

One thing I would like to point out is - you said that it has a mane like a lion's, and while nobody can disagree with that, I would also like to point out that some types of mountain goats have a mane! See this one for example. :D

Congratulations on all the cool things you're making!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

@Crystal - Thank you so much <3 It's no problem! Take your time

@Sarah - Ahhh thank you! Glad you enjoy those pages! I tried to get some creative thinking involved :p

@CLB - Thank you for pointing those out to me! I fixed them :D And thanks!! I just wanted to get some sites up before I go back to school and have less time :/

@Dub - Ah you're awesome thank you for all the great comments! Yes, I was trying to find a pokedex that I could easily crop one of Gogoat's photos into xD; Thanks for pointing that out!! I will probably add that onto my site later :)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is my first time getting to know this pokemon, like I said before, the colors are very fitting to the overall atmosphere and it's all very well written. :)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I haven't had the opportunity to poke in and say I like your Gogoat shrine! Great job! I know next to nothing about Gen VI Pokemon so this was really informative and fun. (I also didn't know that goats were a symbol for masculinity...hmmm...that's fascinating.)

I'll need to update my Pokemon shrines with some new links~ yaaaay!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Thank you guys so much!! (Sorry for the delayed response x_x) I am glad to hear such positive feedback! Gogoat is an awesome Pokemon :)