Enth3 error

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Shin

Enth3 error

Post by Shin »

Hi! I hope someone can advise me on how to address this MySQL error after I tried installing Enthusiast:

Error executing query: The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes; CREATE TABLE `joined` (`joinedid` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,`catid` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '0',`url` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',`subject` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',`desc` text,`comments` text,`imagefile` varchar(255) default NULL,`added` date default NULL,`pending` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',PRIMARY KEY (`joinedid`),FULLTEXT KEY `subject` (`subject`,`desc`,`comments`)) AUTO_INCREMENT=1

I have already followed the fix outlined here but I still kept getting the above error.

Thanks in advance. Cheers! :)
Shi - Honor & Blood
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Enth3 error

Post by Robin »

I found a few articles that address this issue as a "wrong type of MySQL table" problem--you apparently need a "MyISAM" type table. (Also, if you're running MySQL 5.6 or later, you can use innoDB tables, according to this Stack Overflow answer.

Stack Overflow Thread #1
Stack Overflow Thread #2 (this one involved the script trying to contact one server and the table being on a different server)
DebugReport Blog: MySQL Solved Problem (this one shows you how to alter your table to be a MyISAM table)

I hope this helps--I'm not much of a developer, so I actually don't know much about what this all means... but these are the kinds of sites I usually look stuff up on when I'm stuck, LOL.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aa-chan

Post by Aa-chan »

:| Having the same problem... I read over the articles and I don't know if it's something I just can't wrap my mind around or just overthinking it, but... x__x; I honestly don't get it. :| I followed the fixes and still get the same errors -- when I try to alter my database to MyISAM, I get errors in the SQL query. I'm running MySQL 5.5 so I wonder if that might be part of the problem.

I knew I dyed my hair blonde for a reason. x___x; Haha.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

If this continues, and I don't blame anyone for wanting to throw it out the airlock/outer space, there is an alternative that I have been using in replacement. It's Bellabuffs. I use this for all of my fanlistings except for my collective (which oddly went smoothly).
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Shin

Post by Shin »

@Curious Thanks for the help and the links XOXO

@Aa-chan I dyed my hair blond, too :) No worries, you're not alone with these errors.

@Camy I switched to BellaBuffs, too! So easy to use and I switched everything smoothly.
Shi - Honor & Blood
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."