3DS SD card help

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

3DS SD card help

Post by Crystal »

So I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but it's video game related so maybe?

Basically my problem is this: my 3DS SD card is almost full (2 GB doesn't allow much for games) and I want to play the Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire demo but I don't have enough room left (I have less than 200 blocks left). So the simple answer would be to buy a new SD card but I'm also wondering something else too.

Can I move my data off my current SD card onto a new and larger SD card? Would there be complications with it or would I have to just use both and switch them out as needed? I'm kinda picky and like everything in one place but I'm also curious about this as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: 3DS SD card help

Post by nyxmidnight »

I believe it is possible! You probably need a computer with a card reader for that though. I have never done it myself.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Awesome. I hope so. My computer does have a card reader (I use it to take screenshots off my 3DS) so hopefully it'll work. I'll just need to buy an SD card now lol.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Yeah, I bought a 32g memory card because I ran out of space so quick. I basically copied everything on the old card to my laptop, then put in the new card and copied it all to THAT. Then popped in the 3DS and viola! It's really straightforward. :)
a spoony bard
Todd

Post by Todd »

Yep! I did the same as Emma. Bought a bigger card, made a 3DS folder on my desktop, transferred all the stuff from my small card to that folder, and then moved all of that stuff to the bigger card.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Awesome! I am glad to know I can do that. Thanks guys! <3