Amassment Secret Santa 2014

Browse all previous Activities!
Todd

Amassment Secret Santa 2014

Post by Todd »

Image Season's Greetings, everyone! Wishing everyone a warm, safe, and joyous holiday season.

Amassment's Secret Santa is back! Members who sign up will receive an anonymous gift from another member at Amassment. This is a fun event that will allow you to contribute to another person's collective or shrine(s), and receive something for yours. This is a fan site community, after all, so all gifts will be able to be used on collectives or shrines.

Here are the types of gifts you can give and receive!
  • Fan Art or Fan Fiction for a shrine.
  • Button sets (88x31, 100x35, 200x40, additional sizes) for shrines.
  • Button sets (88x31, 100x35, 200x40, additional sizes) for a collective.
  • Media (scanned or created) for a shrine.
  • Layout for a collective.
  • Layout for a shrine.
  • Guest article for a shrine.

When you sign up, please copy the list above, and paste it in your sign-up. Delete any gifts you would prefer not to receive (You may not have a fan art section on a shrine, or may not accept guest articles, for example), and list any shrines you would prefer each type of gift for. If you don't specify possible shrines, we will assume you have no preference for which shrine or shrines you prefer gifts for, and your Secret Santa may make a gift for any shrine in your collective.

Once sign-ups close, I will randomly assign you someone to be Santa for and will send you their sign-up. You will make a gift or gifts from criteria on their lists (to assure they are receiving something they will actually use), and will send their gift to me by the deadline. I will e-mail all of the gifts out at the end of the event to keep the Santas secret. Santas will be revealed in a post here when everyone has received their gifts.

Guidelines

There are only a few rules:

Keep the person you are assigned secret! This is Secret Santa, after all. If they find out who their Santa is, it ruins the fun.

Once you sign up and are assigned a person, you must make a gift and submit it to me in time. Someone is going to go without a gift if you don't, and that's not fair.

Have fun.

To sign up, please PM or e-mail (todd[at]amassment.org) me the form below.
1. Name:

2. Email address:

3. Website URL:

4. Gifts you are willing to give (Use the list above):

5. Gifts you are willing to receive (Use the list above and list any applicable shrines if you have a preference):

6. Comments:
Dates

Sign-Ups Close: December 6, 2014
Santas Assigned: December 7, 2014
Gifts Due: December 31, 2014
Gifts Sent Out: January 1, 2015

Leave any comments or questions you have in comments below!
Todd

Re: Amassment Secret Santa 2014

Post by Todd »

Sign-ups are closed!

Santas have received their recipients! Please check your e-mail, and let me know if you signed up and did not receive an e-mail from me today! Thanks, guys!

Remember, gifts are due to me by December 31st! Happy Holidays. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

^o^ I already started working on the gift--my Secret Santa will be so surprised! :D :D :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

Yay, that's awesome, Robin! I hope you have fun!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Secret Santa participants, check your mailboxes for a cute little Santa hat! This is your badge/gift from Amassment for participating in Secret Santa this year. :) Made by our always awesome Marketplace Staffer, Mikari.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I have a question about making a layout for Secret Santas. Do you just need the images and an HTML file/PHP files containing the basic layout structure, or do you need to make all the pages of their existing site so they can just upload it?

</noob question>
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I would just make the layout and let them cut it and upload it themselves, especially because everyone codes differently! :)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Ok--um, by "cut it," do you mean the images? I've already made a mockup layout with lots of comments using HTML/CSS... I don't know if my layout would make much sense if it was just the images, though. Just don't want to accidentally give a white elephant gift, LOLOLOL
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

Hey Robin! I would send me the style.css (if applicable), the image(s), and an index.html page with their main page coded. Leave it to your recipient to use the layout on their site past that however they would like. Like Megan said, everyone likes to code differently. :) A sample menu page is also fine.

Thanks, Megan!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Awesome! Thanks to you both for helping clear that up! :) (I've pretty much got all of it done, then--which means that this is the first Christmas gift I've completed, LOLOL)
withinmyworld.org