Capturing from PS3

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Capturing from PS3

Post by dubiousdisc »

Has anyone here tried to capture video/screenshots from the PS3?
I'll need to do that for the Agarest fansite I've been working on. In-game screenshotting seems to be disabled for that game, so the only option would be to get the equipment necessary to take screenshots. Is anyone here knowledgeable about this sort of stuff?
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Capturing from PS3

Post by Larissa »

If it's something you want to do, you'll need to purchase a capture device. Some examples are the Elgato and the Blackmagic Intensity, which can capture ingame video, and you can then use that for screenshots. Unfortunately I don't know which device is best (and I know there are others); my knowledge largely comes from watching Let's Plays, which is where this equipment is most often used and I happen to recall those two.

Given that you just want screenshots, though, I recommend looking on Youtube first to see if there are any full Let's Plays of the game you want -- it's a lot easier (and less expensive) to see if someone has already taken video of what you want for screencaps of then buying the equipment yourself. If you've already done this, then I'd recommend researching capture equipment; there are plenty of resources out there for it.
tonight fate is the
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Yeah, the content I need is nowhere else on the Internet, which is why I'm considering this in the first place...

Yipes, 200 dollars are not something I'm ready to invest in this though. D: I'll have to look around to see if there's less expensive equipment than that, although I fear that low price low quality and all of that...
At least the ones you mentioned would be tried and tested, so I can take that into account.

Thank you!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Sorry Dubs. I don't know how to take screenies if it's disabled. But if you find a cheap and effect way, will you let us know? ^-^
;o; *** pew! pew!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I really fear that for it to be effective, it won't be exactly cheap :(
This wouldn't be happening if some developers hadn't disabled the ability to take screenshots with whatever was that button combination that's usually assigned to it! Argh!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Wait there is a button code? I had to press start then slide over to photos and then click square (I think). Was there a shorter way?
;o; *** pew! pew!