(End of) Summer Shrine Scavenger Hunt!

Browse all previous Activities!
anon

Re: (End of) Summer Shrine Scavenger Hunt!

Post by anon »

Awesome, I'll be sure to make note of the change when I post results! :) Your name reminds me of Jamiroquai's stellar songs.
anon

ROUND 2 AWWW YEAH

Post by anon »

Hey, everyone! Round 2 has ended and the results are now in! If I've missed everything or seem unclear, just let me know. It's so late in the night.

Round 2:
  • Browncoats: 23
  • Spoony Bards: 24
  • Team 3: 37
  • Team Galactic: 26
  • Red Ribbon Army: 32
Overall:
  • Browncoats: 55
  • Spoony Bards: 45.75
  • Team 3: 71
  • Team Galactic: 57
  • Red Ribbon Army: 66
Detailed results can be found here.

Spoony Bards (Team 2) were late in turning in their answers, but never late to the party! Their round 1 answers have been posted.

This week, you should be looking for:
  • A shrine dedicated to a character who has a twin sibling
  • A shrine named after a song (note the song title and the artist!)
  • A shrine with a fanart gallery
  • A shrine with a fanlisting
  • A shrine made by someone competing in this event
  • A shrine dedicated to a general series
  • A shrine owned by more than one person (not all the people manning the website have to be part of Amassment; just at least one owner is okay)
  • A shrine with a heart ♥ somewhere on the layout
Questions will be answered by PM. Of course, you can post in this thread but I'm not sure you want to let other people get an advantage too. ;)

Answers should be sent to me by PM on LiveJournal or the forums by September 21 (11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8). Good luck!
Saya

Post by Saya »

can we be named Elite 2 =)?
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
anon

Post by anon »

Sure, that's cool. I'll update your group name when I post the scores for the next round.
anon

ROUND 3 RESULTS

Post by anon »

Hello! Round 3 has ended and round 4 begins now. Looks like round 3 was pretty easy for you guys since I'm posting this round early!

Round 3:
  • Browncoats: 34
  • Spoony Bards: 37
  • Team 3: 32
  • Team Galactic: 37
  • Red Ribbon Army: 37
Overall:
  • Browncoats: 89
  • Spoony Bards: 82.75
  • Elite 2: 103
  • Team Galactic: 94
  • Red Ribbon Army: 103
Detailed results can be found here.

This week, you should be looking for:
  • A shrine dedicated to a relationship from a live-action series
  • A shrine with a name three words long
  • A shrine dedicated to an item or weapon
  • A shrine dedicated to more than one character (relationship shrines are not allowed since they tend to focus more on the relationship than the characters)
  • A shrine that won Site of the Month last year
  • A shrine from a member who joined in 2010
  • A shrine with a domain dedication
  • A shrine from an ongoing series
There is a new rule for round 4: you can't use a shrine owned by any members of your team for any of the answers! It might be easier and nice to use shrines you already owned but let's look for shrines that may not have seen the limelight yet!

Running concurrently with round 4, there is also a bonus round! The bonus round is a free-for-all where you can nominate any site that fits the question for 0.5 points each without any penalty. All answers must follow the following:
  • Still has to be an Amassment member's shrine!
  • It cannot have shown up in any of the previous rounds!
  • No upcoming sites are allowed!
  • The new rule implemented in this round won't apply to the bonus round!
  • No late answers will be accepted, period!
This year's bonus question is... shrine related to a series that was published or aired before the year 1990!

Questions will be answered by PM. Of course, you can post in this thread but I'm not sure you want to let other people get an advantage too. ;)

If you guys want to make it easier and faster for me to do your entries, please send your answers in the following format:
Team name: (team name)

Question: URL (Site name, topic, series)
Answers should be sent to me by PM on LiveJournal or the forums by September 28 (11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8). Good luck!
Ava

Post by Ava »

Some questions:

1) Would you elaborate on your guidelines for qualifying bonus round shrines in regards to shrine focus, meta verses, adaptations, remakes, late-appearing characters, and series that give their seasons different names?

2) Is the rule for how much content qualifies as a shrine the same as the last years? (5 informational sections?)
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
anon

Post by anon »

1. As long as one specific work was released before the time period, it counts. Remakes and adaptations may count if the works themselves were released before the time period!

2. It's a case-by-case basis because people organize their information differently. If I see an information section where the majority is under construction, I will mark it off. Elite 2's example had a huge part of the shrine under construction, whereas Browncoats' at least had a subsection complete.
anon

Post by anon »

Just a warning, guys: I may not post results until tomorrow because I'm feeling a little under the weather right now. It depends on whether I'm not tired to tally up the points by midnight, so we'll see. The deadline will still remain the same, though.
anon

Post by anon »

FINAL RESULTS ARE UP, WHOOO. Thanks to all who participated and congratulations to the winners!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Congratulations, winners!

So sorry for not submitting anything this round. I know both Emma and I have been crazy crazy busy. I've had so much going on at work, and the due date for this thing just slipped up on me. I had a lot of fun participating though! I just wish I had more time when it was going on. (Had to terminate an employee, and have been busy hiring and training others.)