(End of) Summer Shrine Scavenger Hunt!

Browse all previous Activities!
anon

(End of) Summer Shrine Scavenger Hunt!

Post by anon »

(END OF) SUMMER SHRINE SCAVENGER HUNT

It might be a surprise to you when I told the admins I wasn't going to do this event again, but lookie where we are! It's here again!

Don't put away that suntan lotion just yet! The sun's still shining, and it's never to late to go out and have fun! The ever-delayed shrine scavenger hunt has come again and will take place throughout the month of September, in weekly intervals. You'll not only get to visit a showcase of wonderful, deserving shrines made by our members here, but also get to know some of our cool members. This ice will definitely break with this heat!

KEYS TO THE GAME

So how will this activity be run?

1. Depending on how many sign-ups this activity gets, you will be split evenly into teams. You'll have a team leader for each team, and you can name the team if you want!

2. Every Friday I will send the group leader an assignment. The group leaders are responsible for relaying this info to their team. They have a week to finish the assignment. Try to get everyone involved!

RULES

1. The main focus of this event is shrines, so naturally, shrines should only be submitted as your answers. No exceptions.

2. Please choose shrines owned by Amassment members. There may be tons of other good shrines out there, but there are also tons of marvelous shrines made by the members of our lovely community that don't get enough attention. These websites can be made by yourself, people who aren't participating in the event... just as long as the owner is part of Amassment.

3. The shrines have to be completed. No upcoming sites are allowed.

4. Only one shrine per question! There will be no room for alternate answers. What you choose is definite!

PRIZES (I know y'all really care the most about this)

Now I know I've given out some pretty shoddy and last-minute awards in the previous years, but this year we'll have plenty of decent rewards. Prizes have not been finalized due to necessary consultation with the admins to see how what I have in mind is going to play out, but what you'll definitely get is:
  • Custom marketplace items
  • ???
  • ???
Participants will all receive a whopping 10 coins for just chillin' with us here!

SIGN-UPS

This activity will only be in September and will happen in weekly intervals, only so it won't take up too much of your time. If you need to drop out, just tell me before the activity starts, otherwise you're going to need to have a good reason for ditching your teammates.

Interested? PM me with:
  • Your name/handle/alias
  • Your e-mail address
  • Your website collective (if you have one)
Important dates to remember:

Sign-up starts: Date of this post
Sign-up ends: August 24
Group assignments: August 27
Activity starts: September 3
Activity ends: September 28

Have any other questions? Hit me up by PM or comment below. Your sign-up must remain private, because I love secrets and surprises!

Don't have time to participate but would like to help out? PM me! All help is appreciated. :)
Ava

Re: (End of) Summer Shrine Scavenger Hunt!

Post by Ava »

The summer scavenger hunt has been an extremely enjoyable event for members for the past couple years. It's a great way to get to know other members better and explore different fansites. I highly encourage you guys to give it a try if you're intrigued.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I agree! I've gotten to interact with people I never would have contacted myself the last couple of years through this activity. It's a lot of fun, and it doesn't really take much time at all... Just shoot some e-mails between your team members throughout the week, and shine some light on some deserving shrines.

If you're on the fence about this, sign up! You won't regret it, and you'll even get 10 free coins for participating.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

We're going to be handing out special ribbons for anyone who partakes in events! :D We have a shiny item especially for everyone who is doing the scavenger hunt~
anon

Post by anon »

Hey, guys, just a reminder here: sign-ups for this event end THIS FRIDAY (August 24)!! If you are skeptical about entering this event, Ava and Todd have given their testimonies on the last two times the event has been run. Hopefully that will help you mull more over about your decision.
anon

Post by anon »

'Sup, guys, sign-ups are closed. Group arrangements will come shortly. :D Thanks for participating!

Edit: Disregard that, I think I originally said that I will continue to accept applications until midnight. Ciao!
anon

Post by anon »

Group arrangements: it was either 5 groups of 2 or 2 groups of 5. I went with the first! If you're in the same group with someone you have actually teamed up with in the previous years, please let me know ASAP. See you all in September.

edit: man it is not a good idea to do this right when you wake up in the morning. I'm redoing the list and will be posting it later.

edit 2: GROUPS ARE OUT HOLLAAAAA
anon

Post by anon »

Addendum: I said before you didn't have to tell me any group arrangements, but I decided to go along with it anyway. The thing is I want you guys to talk to each other as much as possible. Also, I will only accept answers from one of you. See y'all soon!
anon

ROUND 1 BEGINS

Post by anon »

As we're counting down to September 3, I've decided to post up the first round right now!

For those who need a reminder of the rules, please check the master post. :)

This week, all of you are to look for:
  • A shrine that starts with the letter A
  • A shrine from one of Amassment's event marathons from this year
  • A shrine related to a novel/literature
  • A shrine to a fictional version of a real-life person
  • A shrine related to a webcomic
  • A shrine to a character who appears in more than one franchise (the shrine doesn't need to cover all appearances)
  • A shrine related to the horror genre
  • A shrine to a character from a live-action series
Questions will be answered by PM. Of course, you can post in this thread but I'm not sure you want to let other people get an advantage too. ;)

Answers should be sent to me by PM on LiveJournal or the forums by September 7 (11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8), but remember: I will only accept answers from one person on your team! Good luck!
anon

Post by anon »

Good evening, everyone! Congratulations on surviving the first round. This week's results are...

Round 1:
  • Team 1: 32
  • Team 2: 0
  • Team 3: 34
  • Team 4: 31
  • Red Ribbon Army: 34
Since this is just the first week, the weekly totals will be redundant for now.

Detailed results are posted here.

This week, you should be looking for:
  • A shrine made by someone who is not participating in this event
  • A shrine dedicated to a character from a fighting game
  • A shrine related to a Western animated series
  • A shrine dedicated to a political celebrity
  • A shrine related to a sports team
  • A shrine made before 2005
  • You gotta have blue hair... so a shrine dedicated to a character with blue hair!
  • A shrine dedicated to a band or a musical group
Questions will be answered by PM. Of course, you can post in this thread but I'm not sure you want to let other people get an advantage too. ;)

Answers should be sent to me by PM on LiveJournal or the forums by September 14 (11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8), but remember: I will only accept answers from one person on your team! Good luck!