Pokemon Shrine Challenge

Work together with others to reach a common goal - or the shrine of your dreams!
Destinie

Pokemon Shrine Challenge

Post by Destinie »

I noticed a lot of people have Pokemon collectives and ideas in the works for new Pokemon shrines and I had this idea for a challenge and was wondering if anyone would like to take part in it?

Basically, the objective would be to create a Pokemon shrine that does not contain any essays/pages that are currently featured on your existing shrines. So for me, I always have the filler for Pokedex entries, moves, origin, etc. and feel like it doesn't make my sites unique. :( I think it would be a cool way to try and get really creative. (Plus I've been wanting to expand some of my fanlistings.)

Would anyone be interested? If so, I think we could use this thread to brainstorm some really unique things! It would be kind of like a joint effort and I was thinking we could make a web ring page for everyone who partakes. (Like Pokethon)
Crystal

Re: Pokemon Shrine Challenge

Post by Crystal »

I want to try! I have a couple more Pokemon shrines I'd love to do and I think this challenge would be great for that. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Yay!! :DD

My first idea I had was like a creative writing prompt "A day in the life of_____ pokemon!"
Todd

Post by Todd »

Gasp! I might do Drifloon for this if you guys go through with it!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Omg I'm not doing it because I haven't got enough time right now but I'm excited to see what everyone else will do! This is an awesome idea! aaah!!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I may not have time to participate (depends on when it happens) but I'm definitely interested in prompts for more unique pages. I've actually grown really dissatisfied with my existing Pokémon sites -- I'd like to have more unique/interesting content to the point of not wanting to build any new ones until I improve my current sites... but I also have no ideas. So I'm all for this, haha.
tonight fate is the
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Ooh, this sounds fun. There are a few pokemon I'd love to shrine (and I'd like to add more to my current one) but it is difficult to find ideas for them. So yes, consider me interested. :)
a spoony bard
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I might be interested in this! I certainly have a Pokemon I would like to shrine. And it would be neat to do something out-of-the-box. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Great yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I don't have much time at the moment to do this either so I was thinking that it could start in the fall or something like that. :)

All the ideas that I have are very narrative-based. I find that asking questions helps to create prompts so I am going to just throw some in this post and maybe it will give everyone some ideas?

- What is a day in the life of this Pokemon in the wild?
- What is a day in the life of this Pokemon that has a trainer? breeder? coordinator?
- What is this Pokemon's relationship with you?
- This Pokemon is a certain type but what does that mean to it? How does it feel about other types?
- What makes this Pokemon unique?
- What role does it play in the larger story? In the world of Pokemon?
- Does it recognize itself? How does it feel about its looks? its appearance?
- Does this Pokemon value strength? Does it value Beauty? How athletic it is? And of these, what does it feel is the best moves to reach its goal?

^_^;
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

OOOO Could I revamp my existing Clefairy shrine for this challenge? I've been thinking hard about taking off the basic filler info and turning it into a one-pager with the "why Clefairy" info and "music" center stage.

(Also, what about fanfic/fan poetry as part of this challenge?)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org