One Page, One Month

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Todd

One Page, One Month

Post by Todd »

Hi, guys! It's August, and for those of you who have been around a while, you know what that means! It's time for our annual One Page, One Month marathon! The event is running a little differently than previous years. Like our recent challenges, there will be no sign-up period or deadline. You may sign up anytime in August to make a one page shrine. You just have to have it done when August ends.

One Pagers have always been a popular format for shrines at Amassment, and this month celebrates them. They are perfect for newcomers to shrining who don't want to jump into anything too big, and they are also great for shrine veterans who want to make something smaller. We hope you guys will participate. Check out the post from our Events Staffer, Cherri, in the Events and Marathons board.

Tweet about your One Pagers while you work on them! Use the hashtag #1pageshrines, and feel free to mention @amassment. We will be retweeting and replying to you guys' tweets all month!

To help celebrate One Pagers this month, the Forum Team has worked on a few things you will see pop up this month, including discussions and a free shop item. To start, One Pagers are the theme for Shrine Spotlight this month. Camy has already posted details in the Shrine Spotlight board. Check there for more details, and to nominate your favorite One Pagers! Keep checking out the Shrine Discussions forum for those discussions.

Mikari is about to take over to give you information on that free shop item I talked about, as well as a special “trophy” this year's participants will receive.

We hope you enjoy our seventh One Pager event (Wow!). Happy shrining!

Take it away, Mikari!
Mikari

Re: One Page, One Month

Post by Mikari »

Hi everyone! I would like to introduce you to my little friend Binary 1: Image This little one will be very happy if you participate in the One Page, One Month. You can get one for free right here, and it will hopefully serve as a reminder and motivation to work on your one page shrine for this month.

That's not all, everyone who completes the One Page, One Month challenge will receive a pixel of "the one" Neo! Image
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

That little guy wouldn't happen to be ReBoot inspired, would it? xD

I'm so pumped for this!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yes he is ;)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Mikari wrote:Yes he is ;)
Awesome!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Crystal wrote:
Mikari wrote:Yes he is ;)
Awesome!
Glad you like it :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

lol, So apparently #1p1m leads to some Spanish sporting event on Twitter. I should have checked before posting. Sorry, guys! Let's change our hashtag to #1pageshrines. It's currently empty!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I love this being an annual thing so much, especially since it gave me the courage to make my first shrine a while back! <3 It'd be lovely to see new faces in this challenge - and plenty of new shrines! I browsed fandoms in the directory I was familiar with to nominate for the spotlight and thought to myself it'd be lovely to see many more one pagers; they can be surprisingly diverse in design and structure. Looking forward to discussions.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

1P1M is what helped me get my first site online after my return to the shrining world. :) I love this annual event so much! It's great to see One Pagers as a theme.

Adorable pixels, Mikari! They should be great motivation.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Yay, 1P1M! Oh, so many things I want to shrine for this, aaaah. I can't choose!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone