Ramen & Miniskirts

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Sarah
Time Traveler

Ramen & Miniskirts

Post by Sarah »

Since I just revamped it, I thought I would plug my Chizu (Kimi ni Todoke) tribute here. :yay:

Ramen & Miniskirts: Version 2

In addition to the new layout, I've also added a couple relationship pages, as well as some more images in media. I have more content to add eventually, but mostly I'm just happy to have the new layout and relationships (esp. Ryuu's) up.

I know KnT shrines are hard to come by, so if anyone runs a site to a character from a shoujo manga, or to a character who is similar to Chizu (energetic, tomboy, athletic, kind of dense) I would be happy to affiliate!

Thank you for looking~ :heart:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Re: Ramen & Miniskirts

Post by Mikari »

The new version looks great! :D And it's made me curious about Kimi ni Todoke again. I really need to check it out one day.
Vii

Post by Vii »

I love the layout! I love the colors, and the fonts used for the title. I'm pretty curious as to what it looked like before :3 I agree with Mikari, it makes me curious about Kimi ni Todoke, I've never really heard much about it so maybe I should check it out :)
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Mikari wrote:The new version looks great! :D And it's made me curious about Kimi ni Todoke again. I really need to check it out one day.
Thanks so much, Mikari! :heart: Ooh, I hope you do check it out! It really is a sweet and enjoyable series.
Vii wrote:I love the layout! I love the colors, and the fonts used for the title. I'm pretty curious as to what it looked like before :3 I agree with Mikari, it makes me curious about Kimi ni Todoke, I've never really heard much about it so maybe I should check it out :)
Aw, thank you, Vii! I must say, I'm happy with the title too. Usually I'm lazy with title typography. xD; I'm really glad it's getting people interested in the series! That is one thing I've always hoped my websites could accomplish. I hope you do look into it sometime. :)
Oh yeah, your comment about the previous version kicked me into productivity mode, so I made a cap of the last layout and posted a link to it on the site's technical page (or you can just see it here). I was thinking I should post a cap of the previous layout anyway, so thanks for that, lol. :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I really love the revamp and the content you've added! I definitely need to give it another read. It's a very enjoyable shrine!~
Vii

Post by Vii »

@Sarah - Well you shouldn't be if this is any hint of your skill level with it! xD Mwahahaha, look at me, a regular motivator xD -is an insane procrastinator-
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

It looks great, Sarah! I love how bright and cheerful it is. :) (And you've also reminded me that I was supposed to read more of Kimi ni Todoke.)
a spoony bard
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Destinie wrote:I really love the revamp and the content you've added! I definitely need to give it another read. It's a very enjoyable shrine!~
Thaaank you so much, Destinie! :yay: I'm glad you like the new look and that you enjoy the site, that means a lot~
Vii wrote:@Sarah - Well you shouldn't be if this is any hint of your skill level with it! xD Mwahahaha, look at me, a regular motivator xD -is an insane procrastinator-
Gosh, thanks! x3 I'm definitely gonna try and be more creative with typography from now on. [s]"Try" is the keyword there, though.[/s] And you really are a good motivator!
Emma wrote:It looks great, Sarah! I love how bright and cheerful it is. :) (And you've also reminded me that I was supposed to read more of Kimi ni Todoke.)
Aw, thanks, Emma! :blush: Cheerful is what I was going for since it's a reflection of Chizu's character. (Haha, I hope you can read more of it soon!)
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

First thing I thought when I opened the page: LOVE the colors. Very easy on the eyes and refreshing to look at (though I like the first version a lot too *nod*). I know little to nothing about the series, but found the content easy to understand and got a feel for Chizu and the other characters you mention (her relationship with Ryuu sounds like my token "uncertain pairing that hurts me to ship but I ship it anyway" that pops up every few series--I might be doomed). Great work!
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Todd

Post by Todd »

Sarah, I love your layouts! This one looks great.

I like how well you up-keep your sites, too. :)