Eating the Whale

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Eating the Whale

Post by nyxmidnight »

I've decided to attempt NaNoWriMo this year.

The problem is I love to have betas looking over my stuff as I write. In fact, I am addicted to it. It keeps me writing. But emailing a list of people my writing each day might soon get overwhelming.

Solution? A locked WordPress blog, of course!

Eating the Whale: A NaNo Experience

It's not locked right now, so you can see what I've accomplished, armed with the WP Themes In Depth book and base layout. I even wrote a custom loop for the front page!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Eating the Whale

Post by Robin »

COOL!! Would love to help--how are you setting up comments, or will it all be done by email after reading the posts?

Also, how much critique do you want/need? (I didn't want to unleash all the red ink without asking first XD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Eating the Whale

Post by nyxmidnight »

I am probably going to use the WP comments (or maybe Disqus but requiring registration bugs me). Registration will not be needed. I will be using a plugin to password protect the entire site and I'll give out the password to select people who will be able to read as I go.

Basically I need to be told if I look like I'm going in the good direction or if I'm headed for a plot hole the size of Alaska. I need to know if I'm going cliché. I tend to write long sentences so I need to be restrained as well, lol. I'm not sure if I'll use Scrivener or Write! as my writing app yet, but I'll try to pick something with a spellchecker so you guys don't have to worry about my typos. Finally, English is my second language, so if I write something that makes no sense or misuse a word, I need to know.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone