Fruits Basket Shrine Marathon

Brainstorm and set up your own events here for others to participate in!
Samantha

Re: Fruits Basket Shrine Marathon

Post by Samantha »

Anise wrote:I'd be down for this. In my tradition of having favorite characters that only appear in manga. I've got sign up for Kureno. Now excuse me while I run up to the attic (read: my room) to re-read the entire manga.
Yesssssss, join us!! Yay for manga-only characters! I was debating between Rin and Akito originally. Maybe I'll do both, lol. In any case, I've added you. :heart:
Anise

Post by Anise »

Samantha wrote:
Anise wrote:I'd be down for this. In my tradition of having favorite characters that only appear in manga. I've got sign up for Kureno. Now excuse me while I run up to the attic (read: my room) to re-read the entire manga.
Yesssssss, join us!! Yay for manga-only characters! I was debating between Rin and Akito originally. Maybe I'll do both, lol. In any case, I've added you. :heart:
Both are really interesting characters but I feel like as awesome as Rin is, Akito is so hard to understand and I struggled with that a lot when I originally read the manga which is why I'm really excited to see your shrine.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

HOORAY FOR MANGA ONLY CHARACTERS. I feel you Anise. We gotta show those characters some love, haha. I'm so glad to see somebody doing one for Hatori *^* I can't wait to read that Camy /biased omg/

I just can't wait ot read ALL OF THESE. Man, I'm so excited to see FB getting some love!!
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Anise wrote:
Samantha wrote:
Both are really interesting characters but I feel like as awesome as Rin is, Akito is so hard to understand and I struggled with that a lot when I originally read the manga which is why I'm really excited to see your shrine.
Yeahhh--that's basically why I ended up picking Akito! Rin is really cool, but I like complex/challenging characters to write about because I like analyzing them. *_* I hope I do Akito justice!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I'll move this to events since it's got a deadline and all!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

<pops up from oblivion> :OO What is this! A fruits basket marathon!

I've actually been working on updating my disgustingly out of date Kyo shrine and decided to poke around here again since I've been gone for like... a year. And this is what I find! <3 Ohhh, I can't wait to see all of your sites and add them to my links page!

Maybe it's a bit late to actually enter the marathon but I am doing an additional shrine while I update my Kyo one. I think I'm masochistic to try to work on two sites at once but I figure what the heck, might as well since I always wanted to and I'm going through the material anyway. I have no idea if either site will be done before March, esp since I'll be pretty busy for 3 weeks straight after this week but feel free to sign me up for Sohma Rin, as she's the second character I'm enshrining. (Hopefully that makes you happy, Samantha. ;D)
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

wolfrun wrote:<pops up from oblivion> :OO What is this! A fruits basket marathon!

I've actually been working on updating my disgustingly out of date Kyo shrine and decided to poke around here again since I've been gone for like... a year. And this is what I find! <3 Ohhh, I can't wait to see all of your sites and add them to my links page!

Maybe it's a bit late to actually enter the marathon but I am doing an additional shrine while I update my Kyo one. I think I'm masochistic to try to work on two sites at once but I figure what the heck, might as well since I always wanted to and I'm going through the material anyway. I have no idea if either site will be done before March, esp since I'll be pretty busy for 3 weeks straight after this week but feel free to sign me up for Sohma Rin, as she's the second character I'm enshrining. (Hopefully that makes you happy, Samantha. ;D)
Sure--no problem!! I'm excited to see both your (expanded) Kyo and Rin sites. :D Even if you don't finish right on March 1st, that's okay. Just poke me via PM or e-mail when you are finished!

I've already linked your Kyo site on Akito~ :heart:
Laura

Post by Laura »

Samantha wrote:Sure--no problem!! I'm excited to see both your (expanded) Kyo and Rin sites. :D Even if you don't finish right on March 1st, that's okay. Just poke me via PM or e-mail when you are finished!

Oooh, thank you for the link!! :) It's appreciated! I'll definitely let you know when they're ready~

It's hard to believe that I initially finished my Kyo shrine back on October 21, 2002. That's almost 14 years ago and the manga was maybe half done at that point. @_@ So much important information missing... the new shrine's going to be a lot better. xD
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

wolfrun wrote:
Samantha wrote:Sure--no problem!! I'm excited to see both your (expanded) Kyo and Rin sites. :D Even if you don't finish right on March 1st, that's okay. Just poke me via PM or e-mail when you are finished!

Oooh, thank you for the link!! :) It's appreciated! I'll definitely let you know when they're ready~

It's hard to believe that I initially finished my Kyo shrine back on October 21, 2002. That's almost 14 years ago and the manga was maybe half done at that point. @_@ So much important information missing... the new shrine's going to be a lot better. xD
Wow! That's basically how I feel about my Kikyou shrine from 2003--though I did revamp it in 2009. It's still offline though because it's embarrassing and I really need to get around to fixing her up. ;;
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

!! A returning member! I know your Kyo shrine, looking forward to what you're making for this marathon! *-*
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.