Dornenkaefig: Idike (Little Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Emma
Time Traveler

Re: Dornenkaefig: Idike (Little Briar Rose/Sleeping Beauty)

Post by Emma »

Lethe wrote:@Emma: It hasn't been published in English, which may explain why you haven't come across it!
Ah, well, that would indeed explain it! I daresay there are English scanlations so lemme just...google..that...
a spoony bard
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

@Robin: Haha thanks so much for reading the shrine and for the praise!! <3 <3 As for the navigation, I think my tip for you is to look at your address bar to see where you are, since in the majority of cases, navigation points and address match up. XD <3

@Mikari: Thank you, Mikari! Yeah, I love comparing different versions of myths and fairy tales - or hunting down similar fairy tales and THEN comparing their elements, which I had considered doing for this too. But I didn't want it to get too out of hand, plus I'm already doing something similar when comparing the bride candidates across different retellings in the series (which was super fun). I haven't played Tales of Hearts, but I love that you connect Sleeping Beauty with Child of Light! *O*
Emma wrote:
Lethe wrote:@Emma: It hasn't been published in English, which may explain why you haven't come across it!
Ah, well, that would indeed explain it! I daresay there are English scanlations so lemme just...google..that...
I linked the scanlation group for the series on the index page precisely because of that haha. XD It's out of print in German too... I disliked volume 3 so much that I didn't buy it back then, so now I'll forever have an incomplete collection unless I find the thing cheap somewhere. LOL
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

This is such a lovely site! I wasn't familiar with the manga, but looked up the chapter Idike's from and read it to get a baseline, and it made it a really enjoyable read. I really like the way you've put it together -- the design is compact and simple, directing the focus to be on the content, and the navigation is very straightforward.

The way you present the material is easy to read, and like Robin I'm surprised you wrote so much about a character like this! I particularly enjoyed the fairy tale page and the comparisons of the original tale; it's been many years since I read the Grimm brothers story, so my memories of Sleeping Beauty are mostly from the Disney movie, haha.

Really, this is a great example of a small tribute -- I can see why it didn't fit on one page, but it works really well at the size you have. Lovely work!
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

I already told you on Skype, but I love the whole look of this shrine, and how you present the pages, keeping in mind that it's based on a fairy tale. I'm not familiar with the subject, either, but I am familiar with Sleeping Beauty, and I loved reading that page and the Once Upon a Time page to see how they compare.

Really wonderful work on this shrine, Lethe! You keep raising the standard for shrines! /goes to work on his own shrine based on a fairy tale (Wings), lol
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

@Larissa: Thank you!! :heart: :heart: I'm really happy you looked up Idike's chapter awwww, that's so sweet!! <3 <3 I think it's the best chapter in the whole series, so. 8D

I am SO surprised by the amount of people who are most familiar with Disney's Sleeping Beauty haha! I'm very happy about the feedback I got for the fairy tale page, that was the one I was most worried about because I thought it might stray too much from the subject matter and be boring, but my love for fairy tales and comparing them won out.

ilu :heart: :heart: :music: :star:

@Todd: Thank you for checking out the shrine and for the kind words, Todd! :D I'm happy the shrine is accessible to others due to it being based on a fairy tale. :>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.