Whoa!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: Whoa!

Post by Larissa »

Welcome back, Jae! Your new collective looks lovely, and I love what you've already put together (Jecht!!!). Your layout for Tormod is really unique, too. Really looking forward to your works in progress, too :heart:

(And, well, obligatory: HOPE SITE :!: :!: :!:)
tonight fate is the
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Jae wrote:
I was thinking and was struck with a sudden realization that I could do something for Wingul. Why didn't I think of that from the start? I wrote so much about him on tumblr already. Wingul, I'm coming for ye in Samantha's name.
Yessssss! Looking forward to it! Maybe I'll get to work on my Milla site too once I figure out how to make it a constructive critique...
Jae

Post by Jae »

@Crystal: You've got a few more days! And Chrom's a good place to start as any, I'd say. A Chrom tribute to match with your tribute for Lucina - that's cute.

@Emma: Thank you! It pleases me how many of us want to see something for Hope. More Hope is always good. :music:

@Megan: Megan!! I can't wait to reconnect, either! I'm up for chatting via other venues if you're ever up for that. I miss the old KH days (and I thought so hard about doing another Zexion shrine, but I'm woefully behind on recent KH lore) and would love to pick the groove back up sometime. I'm glad we're both back!

@Larissa: Thanks, Larissa! I appreciate your compliment (Jeeeecht) and support. Now I'm going to have to work on that Hope site soon!

@Samantha: Ooo, a constructive critique. I enjoy reading that kind of content. There's a lot in Xillia and its characters you can write analytic content about, and I think that's wonderful. Good luck with Milla!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Jae wrote:@Crystal: You've got a few more days! And Chrom's a good place to start as any, I'd say. A Chrom tribute to match with your tribute for Lucina - that's cute.
It was just something that had to be done. I really hope I can finish it soon guh.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Hey Jae, welcome back!! You have such lovely layouts, and wow, that's the first time I've seen a layout that doesn't use the standard horizontal text (referring to your Tormod shrine)! I've also been debating whether to pick up Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen since I saw the first series/prequel, but I wasn't sure whether I would like it, haha.

In any case, I'm looking forward to more of your work! :D
Jae

Post by Jae »

@Crystal: I'm rooting for you. You can do it! :content:

@Elysa: Thanks! I was experimenting with various styles when working on the shrines, and I think I had the most fun with Tormod's, because it's out of the box compared to what I usually do. As for Itsuwari no Kamen, the pacing as of late has been wonky . . . but the beginning is very strong and has many references to the prequel for those following it from there. Better than I'd expected it to be, at least!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I think it's out of the box for many people, I didn't even know it was possible to have the text rotated like that! XD Ooooh ok, I think I'll give it a try once I have some more time on my hands, right now I don't even have enough time to keep up with what I'm already watching, haha.....