Game That Made You Ragequit?

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Crystal

Re: Game That Made You Ragequit?

Post by Crystal »

CuriousLittleBird wrote:
Crystal wrote:Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon made me ragequit so hard that I never picked it up again.
Oh wow, I didn't know they released another Luigi's Mansion game! (as if the first wasn't crazy enough--basically Resident Evil for Nintendo characters -_-) What specifically made you ragequit?
Yep it released quite a while ago. I believe in the third mansion it was the final boss there is an absolute jerk. You have to shoot a canon to break ice so that you can attack the boss, but the ice rotates and the gun has limited charges before it overheats you fail the fight. It isn't really that bad but my reaction time for it is absolute shit and I am CONSTANTLY hitting the same spot over and over. After numerous failed attempts I just gave up and never touched the game again. It sucks because the game itself is really fun (way better than the first imo). :(
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong Country Returns... though I try to go back to MM I have yet to get back to DK because when I let Super Kong play through a level I sit there and go "Really? REALLY?!!"
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Crystal wrote:
CuriousLittleBird wrote:
Crystal wrote:Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon made me ragequit so hard that I never picked it up again.
Oh wow, I didn't know they released another Luigi's Mansion game! (as if the first wasn't crazy enough--basically Resident Evil for Nintendo characters -_-) What specifically made you ragequit?
Yep it released quite a while ago. I believe in the third mansion it was the final boss there is an absolute jerk. You have to shoot a canon to break ice so that you can attack the boss, but the ice rotates and the gun has limited charges before it overheats you fail the fight. It isn't really that bad but my reaction time for it is absolute shit and I am CONSTANTLY hitting the same spot over and over. After numerous failed attempts I just gave up and never touched the game again. It sucks because the game itself is really fun (way better than the first imo). :(
Aw MANNNNNnnnn...that probably would have led to a broken controller at my house (or another dented wall, LOL). Boss fights are aaaaaaaa anyway xD
Destinie wrote:Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong Country Returns... though I try to go back to MM I have yet to get back to DK because when I let Super Kong play through a level I sit there and go "Really? REALLY?!!"
The Donkey Kong series is beautifully animated and designed, but MAN those levels were always nuts! I broke a SNES controller over one of the levels in Donkey Kong Country (I was about 7 or 8 and didn't quite want to ragequit but Hulk Smash happened anyway)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

- Contra 4. I really liked how it looked and played but MAN IS IT HARD. I never could beat the fourth level. :(
- Megaman Zero. I picked it up because it seemed nice but came to the realization that it was simply not worth the stress of its difficulty level (as I was not really interested in the plot or the characters anyway).
- Rayman 2. It starts that's kind of fine and then there's the level where you have to ride a plum on lava with horrible controls and early 3d camera and I just. no. no I'm not doing this. this is just too much, I'm not standing for this. If I ever want to continue the game (and I'd want to), I think I'll have to put in a code to just skip that level because the rest of it isn't even hard, it's just THE FREAKING PLUM IN HELL

Emma: I'm hoping for the new Mirror's Edge as well, but I'll be honest that my hopes are not that high ever since I read that most of the original team is not involved in the making of Catalyst. As much as I loved the gameplay of ME, what really hooked me was the cyberpunk plot with obviously far more depth than revealed in the game, and since the people responsible for that plot are no longer there, I can't hope that they'll tie the loose ends or even relate back to that plot in a sensible way.

But, yeah, it has a gameplay that's just...not for everyone. I pretty much had to rewire my brain to make it work, since I would always be too afraid to run at top speed and...crunch. I mean, I think they tackled it in an amazing way, but wow if falling in that game isn't nightmare fuel. That crunching noise is going to haunt my nights.

Also echoing the disappointment in Skyrim...I guess that the thing is, the things I liked in Oblivion and Morrowind are no longer there in Skyrim, so what's left for me? Waving axes around? Who cares? :(
I mean, I guess the insane level of world lore is still there, but I just really liked how Oblivion had that amazing level of attention and variety of the nature which is simply not there in Skyrim. I knew it the second that I saw a patch of flowers and it was just named "Red Mountain Flower". Also, it pisses me off that Skyrim is obviously based on places like Norway or Sweden and so on but it's all so...grey! Have you ever SEEN what those places look like!? Nothing like that grey muddled mess! And alright, it's been a rough time in the history of the world, Skyrim has a whole other tone than Oblivion in which shit was going on but Cyrodiil was still pretty and nice and...but...but...it just feels like Skyrim has so little polish in comparison?
I'll try to give it another whirl at some point, but the thing is: I'd rather be playing Oblivion, even with all its flaws. At least it made me...happy, you know?
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

dubiousdisc wrote:
Emma: I'm hoping for the new Mirror's Edge as well, but I'll be honest that my hopes are not that high ever since I read that most of the original team is not involved in the making of Catalyst. As much as I loved the gameplay of ME, what really hooked me was the cyberpunk plot with obviously far more depth than revealed in the game, and since the people responsible for that plot are no longer there, I can't hope that they'll tie the loose ends or even relate back to that plot in a sensible way.

But, yeah, it has a gameplay that's just...not for everyone. I pretty much had to rewire my brain to make it work, since I would always be too afraid to run at top speed and...crunch. I mean, I think they tackled it in an amazing way, but wow if falling in that game isn't nightmare fuel. That crunching noise is going to haunt my nights.
Oh, it's super disappointing to hear that about Catalyst, I really did have high hopes for it. I also don't want to play a game that might have better gameplay (for me anyway!) but the loss of a decent and coherent plot.

And yeah, I hated that noise too. I heard it a whole lot.
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Emma wrote:
dubiousdisc wrote: I mean, I think they tackled it in an amazing way, but wow if falling in that game isn't nightmare fuel. That crunching noise is going to haunt my nights.
And yeah, I hated that noise too. I heard it a whole lot.
Never played Mirror's Edge, but ewwwwww hyper-realism. I have a terrible fear of falling and get really sensitive to sounds like that, so I would probably barfquit instead of ragequit xD
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Donkey Kong 64 for me. Mostly because Spooky Castle just annoyed and scared me when I was young xD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I quit Majora's Mask too! XD Seeing this topic is reminding me that I do have more games that I quit than I initially recalled. I guess I don't bother remembering games I quit. I got bored with Majora's Mark early on during the first area. I expected it to be as good as Ocarina but felt far too slow in comparison. I'm pretty sure there must be other I've simply forgotten about. XD Though I guess for basically all of these it's more like "dropped" than "ragequit" since I felt more bored/impatient than angry.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I've just remembered... I started up Final Fantasy VIII multiple times and would play to disc 2 or 3, then quit due to lack of interest in so many things. =x The last time, however, I recall disliking the world map and having trouble finding things or something. Then I got a vehicle and it sucked because I it kept getting stuck. I ragequit after I drove it into a wall. /realdrivingskills
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Camy wrote:Donkey Kong 64 for me. Mostly because Spooky Castle just annoyed and scared me when I was young xD
SAME ^^^ LOL! I think I made it through the game one time, but never againnn~~
Mikari wrote:I quit Majora's Mask too! XD Seeing this topic is reminding me that I do have more games that I quit than I initially recalled. I guess I don't bother remembering games I quit. I got bored with Majora's Mark early on during the first area. I expected it to be as good as Ocarina but felt far too slow in comparison. I'm pretty sure there must be other I've simply forgotten about. XD Though I guess for basically all of these it's more like "dropped" than "ragequit" since I felt more bored/impatient than angry.
LOL, I've definitely "boredquit" a lot of my games too. (But if it's juuuuust interesting enough to be a challenge, and then I force myself to play more until I hit a literal wall or experience a huge setback, then I ragequit. See: my last playthrough of Super Paper Mario xD)
Lethe wrote:I've just remembered... I started up Final Fantasy VIII multiple times and would play to disc 2 or 3, then quit due to lack of interest in so many things. =x The last time, however, I recall disliking the world map and having trouble finding things or something. Then I got a vehicle and it sucked because I it kept getting stuck. I ragequit after I drove it into a wall. /realdrivingskills
LOL I definitely feel that pain, Lethe! Driving in video games is always soooooo weird, like some games don't get the physics right at all. (Anyone remember those driving games at arcades where the steering wheels were SO sensitive you literally spent the whole game careening off the road instead of staying on it? LOL)
withinmyworld.org