Pokemon Black/White 2

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Destinie

Re: Pokemon Black/White 2

Post by Destinie »

I'm actually really glad that my Deerling has sweet stats. :D It's pretty tough. On the other hand, I am sad that Purrloin's stats were so bad and Liepard's weren't much better. (I keep giving it vitamins and such.) Dark types are usually pretty strong but it's defense and attack kind of stink. Why do they tend to make the cat Pokemon so weak? [s]Poor Meowth![/s] :(
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Varen wrote:I've never tried training a Sawsbuck before myself. How is it? :)
It's pretty awesome. <3 Because of the wide variety of moves it learns (and can learn from TM's) it can pretty much take on anything. It's also a Pokemon that made me want to have a grass type in my party again. xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Varen

Post by Varen »

Okay all you Pokemon fans, I need to ask you a quick question: What do you feel about Pokemon Black/White (and its sequel) in general? Do you think it was a great generation with great Pokemon, or do you feel that it is inferior to the previous ones?

The reason I am asking this is because my friend considers it the worst generation ever, and he said there were so many things wrong with it. Now, an opinion is an opinion, but I'm curious as to what is the general consensus with this game? I personally love it for its attempt to try new things, its aesthetic redesign, and its breaking-tradition story, but I wonder if I'm a minority on this one.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Saya

Post by Saya »

I'm a little biased because my favorite generation is the silver/gold when it came out. But I wouldn't see BW and BW2 as worst, I think they were quite inventive (let's ignore the names of the pokemon) with it and there are new things that weren't there in the others, aside of pokemon.
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

You are not alone Varen. I quite liked White/Black and White 2/Black 2. The different approach to the story was refreshing and quite enjoyable. Although it was hard to like a lot of the new Pokemon in the games that didn't take away from how much I enjoyed them. Pokemon being animated 100% of the time is also pretty cool because it made it feel like you could get a better idea as to what the Pokemon is like.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

While I'm not a huge fan of the designs in Gen V, I can't say it the worst game. I never played Gen III and I have no motivation to. I don't like the designs and reading about it, it seemed like it was a step backwards in the game's progress. But my favorite generation is Gen II just because I love the designs, I loved that they introduced the day/night mechanic, I loved the remakes even more, and I wish that they had brought some of the stuff from HG/SS into B/W2. (I miss my Pokemon following me around.) But I can't say that any Generation was the "worst" if I haven't played them all.

Anyway, as far as game reviews go, it's considered the BEST Pokemon game of the main line. It's definitely built up from the previous games and has a lot to do, so if I can look past the monster designs, it is fun to play. So, if I were your friend, I would have to rephrase my opinion saying, "out of the all the Pokemon games, I like this one the least". XD
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

As with others, I really think that Black and white are pretty good. I don't dislike the designs of the Pokemon so much. I mean, they've grown on me (or rather a few have made their way to my favorites). Story line wise and feature wise I think this generation is awesome. I love being able to trade anywhere and I love the more clearly defined story. I know a lot of people who can't get into it because they don't like the Pokemon. But, I think it has a lot of great features and a lot of really cool pokemon once you actually get to know them. What examples did your friend give that were specifically bad? Also, as weird as it may sound I really like that the gym leaders have two jobs. xD They have their gym position then a "real world" job. And I think that's pretty cool.

I'm not a big fan of Hoenn region (and whatever generation that was. xD Ruby/Sapphire...uh III?) Things were tedious and there was so much needless running back and forth. Not a huge fan of most of those pokemon either. I don't hate them all, but there are few I genuinely like. So for me, I'd say this generation is my least favorite.

I do miss having my pokemon follow me around though. ;w;
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
Saya

Post by Saya »

Actually the only game I never finished is the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald or whatever, it just didn't catch me =))))

While I really like playing BW/BW2, it gives also other stuff that previous games didn't give, but I also would have loved if they had the SS/HG thingie of the pokemon folowing you around *O*
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I feel like I'm the only one that really liked Ruby/Sapphire. *cough*
Saya wrote:While I really like playing BW/BW2, it gives also other stuff that previous games didn't give, but I also would have loved if they had the SS/HG thingie of the pokemon folowing you around *O*
This!
Eden

Post by Eden »

I never had an issue with Snivy being weak. The one that I trained is pretty powerful. I focus on EVs and she came out great! Her specials and defence are amazing. Weak attack stay obviously but I specifically wanted her good in specials and defence. Out of the four Sawsbucks I have trained, their stats are weak and I had to switch back to Snivy or Liligant (another favorite grass type).
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!