Help Me Name My Shrine!

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Jae

Re: Help Me Name My Shrine!

Post by Jae »

Samantha wrote:I want to shrine Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates but I have NO idea what to call it! I know a bunch of you guys are playing/have been playing lately, so any help would be appreciated!! I literally just have "Tiger Spirit" slapped on my layout right now as a place holder but I'm not happy with it.
Lobster Spirit

I was thinking about his charisma and lightning motif, which got me to . . . Ignite Soul? Lightning can ignite its surroundings, and Ryoma is the type of character who inspires others. It's kind of a mouthful, but that's what I came up with.
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Todd

Post by Todd »

I need help naming a site to M. Night Shyamalan.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Totally Unexpected
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Todd wrote:I need help naming a site to M. Night Shyamalan.

OMG I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS YOU HAVE NO IDEA I LOVE SHYAMALAN'S FILMS AHHHHH!

I know he is influenced a lot by pulp horror and the like, so I am wondering if you could possibly borrow a title, or create an homage, to a pulp horror magazine or B-horror films? Some Ideas:

Terror Tales
Eerie Cinema
Eerie Epics

Or also:

Director of Dread
Man of Horror

:>
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Jae wrote:
Samantha wrote:I want to shrine Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates but I have NO idea what to call it! I know a bunch of you guys are playing/have been playing lately, so any help would be appreciated!! I literally just have "Tiger Spirit" slapped on my layout right now as a place holder but I'm not happy with it.
Lobster Spirit

I was thinking about his charisma and lightning motif, which got me to . . . Ignite Soul? Lightning can ignite its surroundings, and Ryoma is the type of character who inspires others. It's kind of a mouthful, but that's what I came up with.
EVERYONE AND THE LOBSTER JOKES I will probably have a page on the symbolism of a lobster though lolololol

Ohhhhh that's a really cool idea! I like the word ignite for Ryoma and your reasoning definitely makes sense. :D I ended up going with "Dauntless" the same night I posted because I just wanted the layout to be done LOL but I'll probably incorporate your idea into a page title!! Thanks <3
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

I'm building a shrine to Monica & Chandler from Friends for the Dynamic Duos challenge. I brainstormed a bit and came up with a few title ideas, but none that I'm fully in love with.

The one I like best so far is "Red Pin, Blue Pin." That's sort of an obscure reference, though. When Mondler (ha!) were making the seating arrangements for their wedding, Monica's guests were assigned red pins, Chandler's blue. The two colors were mentioned several times in that episode, so it stuck with me.

I also thought of: Jellyfish -- again, random, but when Monica was stung by a jellyfish, Chandler ended up being the one to help her (by peeing on her, as it turned out - to kill the pain). It was also during that episode where Chandler first expressed the desire to become Monica's boyfriend (which she shot down at the time).

And London, Baby!, since London is where they first... yeah. And Joey yelled "London, baby!" like a thousand times during that block of episodes. ;)

As I said, I'm not committed to any of those, so any ideas would be appreciated. Mondler and More Than Friends are already being used by other sites, so nothing closely resembling those, please. :)

Thanks all! I appreciate it.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I know very little about the show, but I like the way Red Pin, Blue Pin sounds (and the backstory behind the name is so cute and would definitely be a sweet mini article to add to your site).
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Todd wrote:I need help naming a site to M. Night Shyamalan.
Ha ha, sadly, the first thing that came to mind was "What a Twist." Stupid Robot Chicken. But actually, Twist could work I suppose. Or "Twist of Fate."

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Todd

Post by Todd »

FandomSavant wrote:I'm building a shrine to Monica & Chandler from Friends for the Dynamic Duos challenge. I brainstormed a bit and came up with a few title ideas, but none that I'm fully in love with.

The one I like best so far is "Red Pin, Blue Pin." That's sort of an obscure reference, though. When Mondler (ha!) were making the seating arrangements for their wedding, Monica's guests were assigned red pins, Chandler's blue. The two colors were mentioned several times in that episode, so it stuck with me.

I also thought of: Jellyfish -- again, random, but when Monica was stung by a jellyfish, Chandler ended up being the one to help her (by peeing on her, as it turned out - to kill the pain). It was also during that episode where Chandler first expressed the desire to become Monica's boyfriend (which she shot down at the time).

And London, Baby!, since London is where they first... yeah. And Joey yelled "London, baby!" like a thousand times during that block of episodes. ;)

As I said, I'm not committed to any of those, so any ideas would be appreciated. Mondler and More Than Friends are already being used by other sites, so nothing closely resembling those, please. :)

Oh my gosh, I am super excited about this shrine! I hope you do it. I love the name "Jellyfish". It's unique, and the name is symbolic to their relationship.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

FandomSavant wrote:I'm building a shrine to Monica & Chandler from Friends for the Dynamic Duos challenge. I brainstormed a bit and came up with a few title ideas, but none that I'm fully in love with.

I would go with Red Pin, Blue Pin also for another reason: as I recall from the days I used to watch the show, Chandler and Monica had very different personalities and were totally unexpected, as it was unexpected that they'd work so well together. So the name makes me think of the colours red and blue and how you wouldn't think they'd work well together, being opposite colours, but sometimes they do! So that would fit with Chandler and Monica, I think. :)