Help Me Name My Shrine!

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
FandomSavant

Re: Help Me Name My Shrine!

Post by FandomSavant »

Todd wrote:
FandomSavant wrote:I'm building a shrine to Monica & Chandler from Friends for the Dynamic Duos challenge. I brainstormed a bit and came up with a few title ideas, but none that I'm fully in love with.

The one I like best so far is "Red Pin, Blue Pin." That's sort of an obscure reference, though. When Mondler (ha!) were making the seating arrangements for their wedding, Monica's guests were assigned red pins, Chandler's blue. The two colors were mentioned several times in that episode, so it stuck with me.

I also thought of: Jellyfish -- again, random, but when Monica was stung by a jellyfish, Chandler ended up being the one to help her (by peeing on her, as it turned out - to kill the pain). It was also during that episode where Chandler first expressed the desire to become Monica's boyfriend (which she shot down at the time).

And London, Baby!, since London is where they first... yeah. And Joey yelled "London, baby!" like a thousand times during that block of episodes. ;)

As I said, I'm not committed to any of those, so any ideas would be appreciated. Mondler and More Than Friends are already being used by other sites, so nothing closely resembling those, please. :)

Thanks all! I appreciate it.
Oh my gosh, I am super excited about this shrine! I hope you do it. I love the name "Jellyfish". It's unique, and the name is symbolic to their relationship.
Chibi wrote:
FandomSavant wrote:I'm building a shrine to Monica & Chandler from Friends for the Dynamic Duos challenge. I brainstormed a bit and came up with a few title ideas, but none that I'm fully in love with.

The one I like best so far is "Red Pin, Blue Pin." That's sort of an obscure reference, though. When Mondler (ha!) were making the seating arrangements for their wedding, Monica's guests were assigned red pins, Chandler's blue. The two colors were mentioned several times in that episode, so it stuck with me.

I also thought of: Jellyfish -- again, random, but when Monica was stung by a jellyfish, Chandler ended up being the one to help her (by peeing on her, as it turned out - to kill the pain). It was also during that episode where Chandler first expressed the desire to become Monica's boyfriend (which she shot down at the time).

And London, Baby!, since London is where they first... yeah. And Joey yelled "London, baby!" like a thousand times during that block of episodes. ;)

As I said, I'm not committed to any of those, so any ideas would be appreciated. Mondler and More Than Friends are already being used by other sites, so nothing closely resembling those, please. :)

Thanks all! I appreciate it.
I would go with Red Pin, Blue Pin also for another reason: as I recall from the days I used to watch the show, Chandler and Monica had very different personalities and were totally unexpected, as it was unexpected that they'd work so well together. So the name makes me think of the colours red and blue and how you wouldn't think they'd work well together, being opposite colours, but sometimes they do! So that would fit with Chandler and Monica, I think. :)

Thank you all so much. :-) I really appreciate the feedback. So much, in fact, that I've signed up for that Construction Zone Challenge with it, to get home guidance along the way.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Would anyone here have ideas for naming a shrine to Tiz Arrior from Bravely Default? Right now, I own the fanlisting, and it's called "Miracle Boy." I'm not really sure if I want to name the shrine this even though the "miracle" aspect will be present in the content. Any ideas or suggestions would be lovely!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Megan A wrote:Would anyone here have ideas for naming a shrine to Tiz Arrior from Bravely Default? Right now, I own the fanlisting, and it's called "Miracle Boy." I'm not really sure if I want to name the shrine this even though the "miracle" aspect will be present in the content. Any ideas or suggestions would be lovely!
Do you not like having the word "Miracle" in the title? Miracle Worker could be a nice title. I like the idea of playing on that: Miraculous, Extraordinary, Astonishing.

His profile on your site also says he is a "mediator" so maybe you can play on that? Arbiter, Peacemaker, Peacekeeper.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Destinie wrote:
Megan A wrote:Would anyone here have ideas for naming a shrine to Tiz Arrior from Bravely Default? Right now, I own the fanlisting, and it's called "Miracle Boy." I'm not really sure if I want to name the shrine this even though the "miracle" aspect will be present in the content. Any ideas or suggestions would be lovely!
Do you not like having the word "Miracle" in the title? Miracle Worker could be a nice title. I like the idea of playing on that: Miraculous, Extraordinary, Astonishing.

His profile on your site also says he is a "mediator" so maybe you can play on that? Arbiter, Peacemaker, Peacekeeper.
Thank you, Destinie! After receiving lots of Twitter feedback, I am gonna stick with "Miracle Boy" in the end. I had no idea people liked that name so much, but I am glad because I also love it. :'(
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

It is a good name :)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I want to make a shrine for Litten at some point in the very near future and I am super stuck on a name. The problem is that I want to avoid mention of "cat", "fire" adjectives, or attack names in the title. I was playing with the themes of tabby, tiger, solitude.... Kind of stuck at the moment. :<<
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

A Litten shrine? Sounds pretty lit.

-shot-

Some other words to jog the ol' gray matter: hermitage, reclusion, den (for solitude) and dappled for tabby. (Best I could come up with using thesauri)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Feline Hot -shot-
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

What about... something with "furnace" for the pun (fur and fire)? <_< >_> Trusty Furnace. <_< >_> /kicked

Trusty Tiger??
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Camy, you're fired.