One Page, One Month: Unveiling

As part of a returning event, members are encouraged to make a one page shrine every year!
Todd

One Page, One Month: Unveiling

Post by Todd »

Hello everyone! It's time to unveil the shrines made for this year's two-month One Page, One Month marathon! I know that contradicts itself, but let's move on... This is one of my favorite events we do, and it's an important and fun tradition for the community because it inspires new shrine-makers, and encourages people to work on shrines, even if they have been busy and unable to so far this year. This year in particular has proven busy for most people, so the turnout this year is amazing.

I want to thank everyone who participated this year. You guys will all receive 10 coins for completing the event(s), and Vii, you'll receive 20 for submitting two shrines. Way to go!

Anyway, enough blabbering from me. Onto the shrines!

Ai from Pokemon by Dubiousdisc

Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn by Crystal

Lavi from D.Gray-man by Vii

Beatrix from Final Fantasy IX by Jae

Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier by Ava

Zoroark from Pokemon by Saya

Beatrix from Final Fantasy IX by Emma

Sohma Hatsuharu from Fruits Basket by Vii

Ikki from Amnesia by Kibumie

Joel McHale by Sarah

Liar Game by Lethe

To those who couldn't finish, I encourage you to keep working on your shrine! Just let me know when you're done, and I'll edit the post. :)

Thanks, everyone! You all will be hearing from us about the next event in about a month. Enjoy the break, and have some fun.
Camy
Administrator

Re: One Page, One Month: Unveiling

Post by Camy »

This is why I love being in Amassment: The variety of styles and the way each of us sets up shrines, especially one pages that I LOVE to look at, is amazing to see.

All of these are so beautiful!
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh my god, just browsing quickly through them...my god, they're all STUNNING

now I can't really read them beyond a few lines per each but let me say one thing to start with:

Vii

Vii you are CRAZY
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Agree with the posters above, they look amazing! Before, I thought that one-pagers were limiting, but after having worked on one myself and seeing all of these, I don't think like that anymore! Looking forward to browsing these later, especially since I'm familiar with most of the characters. XD (Aaaand having just replayed FFIX myself, I'm super happy about those Beatrix shrines!)

@dubiousdisc: I was linked to your Ai shrine and read it some time ago and I'm SO in love with it. She's such a dear character (and perhaps what's most memorable about the movie); the navigation really does have an amazing impact on the mood of the shrine and the portrayal of her character and role.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Someone else who likes Ai?! My heart bursts with joy!
I'm glad you like it ;_;
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Yay, congrats everyone! :heart: They all look awesome. Looking forward to the reading I have ahead of me. :D
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

All these Fruits Basket shrines popping up makes me really want to work on Tohru lol.

Other than that they're all amazing! I will give all of them a read through when I have the chance. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Those are a lot of amazing shrines. Congratulations everyone!
Jae

Post by Jae »

Oh, gosh, all of these are lovely! The Beatrix love makes my heart aflutter, hehe. :heart: I'm sadly not familiar with half of these subjects, but they were fun to check out regardless. Wonderful job, everyone.
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Vii

Post by Vii »

I'm so impressed with all of the work I've looked at so far! And I'm really glad to see some Beatrix love (times two!) because she is one kickass lady~ :inlove: I'm still reading several others, but I'm not too familiar with some of the subjects. Guess I will be soon! :D Good job everyone!! :heart:

@Twin - AND THIS SURPRISES YOU? FUFUFUFUFU~ :puff: [s]seriously, we knew this already~[/s] But honestly, I originally wanted to do the two, but I didn't have the time the first month. So I was really glad it was decided to run an encore marathon :) And then... I had a lot of downtime in August xD;;; Oh, those silly gallstones!

I loooooooooove the way you designed your one page, Twin! I was really pleasantly surprised when I first scrolled and the image faded into existence. If that makes any sense at all. I always love your work, way to make me jealous all the time :cry:
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.