Time and Character types

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Time and Character types

Post by dubiousdisc »

Sorry for the off-topic B:

To get back on track, adding on to the original question - would you make a fansite in the prime of your enthusiasm about the subject, or would you rather wait a while to see if the love for the character stays?

I usually wait a while after the first time I experience whatever it is that I want to make a shrine for. I do make a mental note that this is something I'd want to elaborate on, but I wait until the next time I want to re-experience the media and make the site after that.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I agree, I usually wait a while (sometimes a very long time) before making a site dedicated to that character. I think the shortest time I've waited is just a month or two for making Ur's site. Most of my other sites I've waited years to make. xD
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I'm not sure if I wait or not. For me, it really has varied from site to site. With EVE, that was a one-time deal since she is from a single movie. So all I had to do was watch the movie once to know that I like her, and that wouldn't change since I had already seen her entire story. With Elliot, I had been into SVU for a while before I had even considered making him a site, so it wasn't as much of a choice to wait and make something for him. Chizu, I think, I kind of jumped the gun and made something for her a relatively short time after starting KimiTodo. But I've been lucky in that I still really adore her, and I feel that won't be changing.

So yeah, it's been all over the place for me in regards to whether I wait or not.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Would you make a fansite in the prime of your enthusiasm about the subject, or would you rather wait a while to see if the love for the character stays?

for Layla it was in the prime as the written content was based on my bloggings about the having just recently watched Kaleido Star. For everything else it was later. I don't think I would have made Golden Phoenix later, I still like the character but the thoughts the analysis, those were things that came to me as an immediate reaction and I doubt I would be quite as motivated to work on it now. For Surreptitious (Ureksa), I replayed the game for the revamp. Boshi has been an all time favorite and so has Samurai Pizza Cats, both of which were made a lot later than the last time I saw Boshi and Vi, though s quick replay/rewatch refreshed my memory well enough.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Mikari wrote:Would you make a fansite in the prime of your enthusiasm about the subject, or would you rather wait a while to see if the love for the character stays?
In my prime is most preferable, if I have time. It's while I'm in my prime of infatuation with a subject that I have the best ideas for their fansite, especially since I'm already dissecting the subject in my head as a natural consequence of my heightened interest. If I wait too long, I lose the energy and the ideas, unless I write an outline while my memory is fresh.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Kibumie

Post by Kibumie »

I would say, for me, it`ll be Kazehaya Shota from Kimi ni Todoke. I used to like his character a lot to the point of having him in my future shrine projects. I had a huge list of subjects I would want to tackle with his shrine. But there was a point in the story where I realized that Kazehaya wasn`t the character I thought he was. He was at first a mystery, but after the story was able to show Kazehaya`s true feelings and personality--- I just backed down and dropped the idea of creating a shrine for him.

I also wanted to make a Kyou Sohma shrine before, but the subject just grew out of me. I still like Kyou, and he is still one of my favorite characters in Furuba (Manabe and Kyou are my favorites), but I just feel like I would want to make a shrine for characters that I love much more. haha.
aminuet .。. king
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

To my knowledge I don't think there's been a character that I've changed my opinion about, but I do have a ton of would-be shrine subjects that never saw the light of day.

Kakashi from Naruto was one of the first characters I really adored, so I do often lament how I have never and probably will never get to doing a significant shrine for him. Somehow though, I feel like it's not so much that I've stopped liking him, but more so that he's...not...shrine-able to me anymore? The shrining process involves extensive research and analysis, and I guess over the years I've reached a point in my interest with Kakashi that I no longer feel compelled to do that kind of legwork.

I use shrining as a way to really discover and learn about a character, so I feel most inspired when my enthusiasm is fresh. Otherwise, like what happened with Kakashi, I'll do my own internal analyses and be satisfied with those; no additional research or writing necessary.
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]