Long Live the King: Kageyama Tobio of Haikyuu!!

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan A

Re: Long Live the King: Kageyama Tobio of Haikyuu!!

Post by Megan A »

ALRIGHT!! I HAVE READ HALF OF THIS SHRINE BEFORE WATCHING HAIKYUU AND NOW HAVE REREAD IT AFTER WATCHING THE FIRST SEASON OF HAIKYUU. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: I watched the anime because of this shrine, AKU!!! I'm not disappointed. I'm very invested in these volleyball boys now. :eyes:

The whole layout design is so nice. I really like the contrast between the header on the index and the content pages! The little details like the crows! Everything is great. ALSO I LOVE THE NAME OF THE SITE and what it means to you + Kags. I can't wait to see this evolve more. :inlove: THE WAY you display the characters is so cool? OK like I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT THEY WERE ALL THERE BEFORE? I PROBABLY JUST READ ONE AND KEPT ON SCROLLING LAST TIME. but how awesome! Also love that I can click and drag. :sob: :sob:

I really enjoyed reading about Kageyama through your eyes, and your love letter section is beautiful. I really liked your discussion about what he goes through/feels because I was definitely feeding off of that energy in the match I just watched. :sob: I really liked the section discussing Oikawa ( :eyes: ) and their relationship dynamic written in a way to emphasize Kageyama's fears still. My favorite so far, but I LOVE EVERYTHING. Echoing Lethe, the tone of the site is really great and a good contrast to how goofy the anime is.

Show/HideSPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
And to MEGAN who listens to me cry about Kags the worm every. single. day. And hasn't even read Haikyuu??
I'M CRYING. OK BUT :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: I'VE STARTED WATCHING IT SO WHAT NOW, AKU?!?! but you're welcome!!! love listening to kags the worm sobbings and it also is probably why i checked out the series in the first place

I'VE GOT ONE MORE THING TO SAY ABOUT THIS SHRINE!!!
Show/HideSPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
nice this is the messiest feedback ive ever left

(also please continue!!! really enjoying it :sob: :star: )
Aku

Post by Aku »

OMG my cute friends... _(´ཀ`」 ∠)_ HUGS YOU ALL. :heart: Thank you so much for spending time with lil Kags. :heart:

@Robin: Thank you so much Robin!! <33 You're a big inspiration to me because you're so productive/good at hammering things out! (And I've already used some of the quotes you helped me with before! ;~;)

@Lethe: Lethe, thank you for all your kind comments and feedback, I'm crying!! :sob: For whatever reason Haikyuu!! when I watched it was a very emotional/personal experience for me (maybe, Kageyama specifically) and I'm glad that to some effect it comes across in the writing! I know we talked a bit on how Haikyuu!! ] is such a quotable manga, and I definitely ran into the problem of over-quoting (UGH LIKE WHAT CAN YOU DO WHEN EVERY OTHER LINE IS SO CUTE & INSPIRING), which is how I felt the manga panels came into play. I'm glad they don't seem inconsistent to you, though! I definitely want to play with the idea a bit more and see if I can't push it a bit because Haikyuu tends to get a bit lengthy quotaion-wise, but are so worth citing for their beauty. :nolove:

@Megan: MEGAN!! You don't know how happy it makes me that lil KAGS helped to inspire you into watching Haikyuu!! :sob: :sob: :sob: I need to fix the little Karasuno carousel when I do a design sweep over all the content pages bc I don't think it quite reads as a carousel right now (that plugin was askdjfasd to get to work for me...) but I'm glad you liked it! AND THAT YOU LIKED OIKAWA'S SECTION EVEN THOUGH HE'S HISOKA ( :eyes: ). I was a little worried about the whole thing seeming too forced so I'm happy to hear it read well for you. I won't let you down!! You ranting to me about Haikyuu makes me want to continue working on it, tbh. :sob:

Th-thank you for all your n-naf... niffs... knife... NICE FEEDBACK EVERYONE. :heart: I'll continue to push forward!
Todd

Post by Todd »

Great job, Aku! I love the layout, I love the constrasts on the site, I love the crow, and I love the navigation. I'm glad you're still working on this! You have a lot to be proud of. <3