Red Pin, Blue Pin (Chandler & Monica from Friends)

From April to the end of December 2016, have courage to start and share your in-progress works! Release your shrines unfinished, and use community enthusiasm and feedback as fuel to keep working on them.
FandomSavant

Red Pin, Blue Pin (Chandler & Monica from Friends)

Post by FandomSavant »

This is the most bare-boned site I've ever shared with anyone, so I'm embarrassed. However, the point of this challenge is for it to be a work in progress, so... here we go.

Red Pin, Blue Pin (a tribute to the relationship between Monica and Chandler on the TV show Friends)

*ETA: I can't believe it's taken this long to get this far. My daughter is going through a very destructive/adventurous phase where she has to be watched like a hawk at ALL times. And now she's on summer break. *sigh* She's 8, but it's like she's 2-3 again!

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Megan A

Re: Red Pin, Blue Pin (Chandler & Monica from Friends)

Post by Megan A »

Looks like a great start! Can't wait to see where you take this!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

YAY :D I like the grayscale design--it helps the blue really stand out! (You could potentially bring in some red with a specific heading size or a special span class if you wanted to draw attention to occasional words or phrases--I don't think that would be too crazy :D) I'm excited for your upcoming sections!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. :) I should have the footer banner done soon.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

I added a section called "The Basics." All that's there so far are little info pages on Monica and Chandler, respectively.

Edit: I've added a quotes page now.
Last edited by FandomSavant on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Awesome! I like that you're delving into not only their basic stats, but also their individual personalities, and you've got good foundations for expanding on how other characters affect them.
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:Awesome! I like that you're delving into not only their basic stats, but also their individual personalities, and you've got good foundations for expanding on how other characters affect them.
That's the next thing I hope to dive into: their other relationships. Reasons they didn't work, things they learned that help them in this one. I'm also going to have a bit on how they interact with the other "Friends" (especially the Ross & Monica dynamic and the Chandler &
Joey dynamic).

I hope to get an actual outline for the site written out and posted here this week. Oh and the bottom graphic is coming along. It's been slow-going with the aforementioned daughter stuff, including her having oral surgery Monday.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

I added a new section called "A Little More," where the more in-depth essays/pages will be housed. I also found something I'd written a month or so ago in my phone's "notes." So I cleaned that up, added more to it and posted it in that new section.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

FandomSavant wrote:
Robin wrote:Awesome! I like that you're delving into not only their basic stats, but also their individual personalities, and you've got good foundations for expanding on how other characters affect them.
That's the next thing I hope to dive into: their other relationships. Reasons they didn't work, things they learned that help them in this one. I'm also going to have a bit on how they interact with the other "Friends" (especially the Ross & Monica dynamic and the Chandler &
Joey dynamic).

I hope to get an actual outline for the site written out and posted here this week. Oh and the bottom graphic is coming along.
OOO Really looking forward to this!
FandomSavant wrote:I added a new section called "A Little More," where the more in-depth essays/pages will be housed. I also found something I'd written a month or so ago in my phone's "notes." So I cleaned that up, added more to it and posted it in that new section.
YAY buried treasure ~~ I did that with one of my other shrines--wrote an article, saved it in the wrong folder, forgot about it for about six months, LOLOLOLOL
FandomSavant wrote:It's been slow-going with the aforementioned daughter stuff, including her having oral surgery Monday.
Eek eek! Will be sending good thoughts/vibes/prayers y'all's way!!
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:
FandomSavant wrote:
Joey dynamic).

I hope to get an actual outline for the site written out and posted here this week. Oh and the bottom graphic is coming along.
OOO Really looking forward to this!
FandomSavant wrote:I added a new section called "A Little More," where the more in-depth essays/pages will be housed. I also found something I'd written a month or so ago in my phone's "notes." So I cleaned that up, added more to it and posted it in that new section.
YAY buried treasure ~~ I did that with one of my other shrines--wrote an article, saved it in the wrong folder, forgot about it for about six months, LOLOLOLOL
FandomSavant wrote:It's been slow-going with the aforementioned daughter stuff, including her having oral surgery Monday.
Eek eek! Will be sending good thoughts/vibes/prayers y'all's way!!
Thanks so much, Robin. I appreciate the support (and prayers). :) She's healing pretty well, but as a mom, I think it's hurting me more than her.

Hi! I'm Patricia.