August: A Month For Revamping

Work together with others to reach a common goal - or the shrine of your dreams!
Emrys

August: A Month For Revamping

Post by Emrys »

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this but I figured this would be a good a place as any. So, I don't know about you guys, but my entire network is in need of a serious revamp. I'm not talking oh new graphics, I'm talking dead links/images, script errors, old information in need of update, modifications to layouts/html/css, adding/removing content etc. It's become a cluster f--- (am I allowed to say the F work on this forum?) of tasks that are in dire need of me getting off my ass to do.

As such, I have a sort of proposal: Make August your month of revamping.

I can't be the only person in this forum that has lingering issues on their network they keep meaning to get around to but don't. Life happens, you get busy, and naturally your hobbies tend to get pushed to the sidelines.

I figured August would be a good a month as any to do this and maybe drag people into this sort of fall cleaning. It's the end of summer, the time before people go back to school and, for people like me who don't go to school but work alongside a lot of students, it's right before work starts picking back up and my hours increase.

So, this may not be a joint project in the sense of creating something new but I thought it appropriate as a joint project in fixing up what we already have. Who's with me?! :yay: :heart:
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: August: A Month For Revamping

Post by nyxmidnight »

Well that's exactly what I need!

Otakuthon is on August 5-6-7 but hey, once the con is over and I got back in therapy, I could totally rebuild/revamp my collective/network.

Count me in!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

nyxmidnight wrote:Well that's exactly what I need!

Otakuthon is on August 5-6-7 but hey, once the con is over and I got back in therapy, I could totally rebuild/revamp my collective/network.

Count me in!
Ah! I have Animethon the exact same weekend! So I feel you on that, haha. But I'm glad to see somebody approves of this idea! \o/
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Nice!

Have a nice con :D
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

nyxmidnight wrote:Nice!

Have a nice con :D
You too! \o/ I hope you have a blast and I'm excited to see your sites come back online. I hope that your therapy goes well.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I'm actually planning a bunch of revamps for August through December on my domain, so this is perfect timing!! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Robin wrote:I'm actually planning a bunch of revamps for August through December on my domain, so this is perfect timing!! :D
Ohh nice! :D it's destiny, hehe~
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hey, this has been planned for a while, but not scheduled: Amassment will start a revamp marathon mid-August after Dynamic Duos is over. :D Of course, if you'd like to start sooner than that, go ahead - revamping is great, and the sooner you get on it, the better! <3 I know I have things in need of a revamp too haha.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.