Oh So Modern Jezebel - Revamp!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Mikari

Re: Oh So Modern Jezebel - Revamp!

Post by Mikari »

Awesome new design! :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

I love the revamp, Shiori! I'm sad and happy you're done with this site. Sad, cause it's so awesome that you've kept it updated and fresh, but happy because new projects, yay! Congrats and good luck.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Shioriiiiiiiii~ you must share your design philosophies and techniques sometime. When ever I try to create the clean designs I plan out in my head, it turns out looking like first grade art project. You make the concept classy and chic.

I also like what you've done with the Creativity section. We all know you for your excellent writing skills already. Your initiative to add a little extra and put together a moderate media section makes the whole fansite very well-rounded.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

It's absolutely amazing Shiori! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Destinie wrote:I love your layouts because they are so clean and simple, I can really focus on just reading your essays. I have re-read them so many times because they are so entertaining. I like how your 3 shrines are really dense and concentrated with great essays. They're really crafted with care. ^_^
Thank you! They're only simple because I'm too stupid for complex layouts! :sob: I'm glad you enjoy the essays though. When I write them I like to pretend my liberal arts education was worth all the debt lol. Worth it to talk about science boobs. Aww yiss. *fistpump*
Emma wrote:I love the layout, it's so stylish. :) I know nothing about the subject matter, but I am very intrigued by lady scientists.
Thanks so much~. You are missing absolutely nothing by not being familiar with the source material. Dragonaut is the worst lol. But hell yeah lady scientists! :heart:
dubiousdisc wrote:...But, but I like grey...! This layout reminds me of a page spread in a fashion magazine. :P It's gorgeous!
Thanks kindly~! I like grey too, but I overuse it terribly. I hope it's not too bad on this layout, at least. I could have coloured the sketches, I guess, but I like the stark simplicity of the black & white, y'know? :3
Mikari wrote:Awesome new design! :D
Thanks Mikari! :)
Todd wrote:I love the revamp, Shiori! I'm sad and happy you're done with this site. Sad, cause it's so awesome that you've kept it updated and fresh, but happy because new projects, yay! Congrats and good luck.
Thanks Todd~! I'd love to keep adding to the site, but I fear I've said all I'm going to be able to say about Kitajima (aside from maybe going back and adding that section I keep forgetting to write, about the post-timeskip story). That's just the way it is with limited canons, I guess. Now I just have to work out where to focus my energy next! I have a bunch of concepts, but no idea where to start lol! :swt2:
Ava wrote:Shioriiiiiiiii~ you must share your design philosophies and techniques sometime. When ever I try to create the clean designs I plan out in my head, it turns out looking like first grade art project. You make the concept classy and chic.

I also like what you've done with the Creativity section. We all know you for your excellent writing skills already. Your initiative to add a little extra and put together a moderate media section makes the whole fansite very well-rounded.
:blush: Thank you Ava, you're far too kind! I'm normally forced to go the minimalistic route with my layouts by the lack of images available to work with (lol me at my unimportant character love). Not to mention my lack of, y'know, technical ability. If I could make gorgeous, extravagant designs lord knows I would! Until that day comes, however, it's simple all the way. :swt2:

I do try to collect as much media as I can for my sites, although there usually isn't a lot to offer for secondary characters. It's surprising how much relevant media I was able to dig up for Kitajima, given a lack of series artbooks and the like. Thank goodness she got some drama CD cameos, I guess lol. Now my site doesn't look nearly as empty as it could have!
Crystal wrote:It's absolutely amazing Shiori! <3
Thank you so much, Crystal. :heart: