Clint Barton & Kate Bishop

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Anise

Clint Barton & Kate Bishop

Post by Anise »

Wow! I wasn't sure I would get that done a month or two ago but here we are. These two still have some sections I want to add (I didn't do as much analysis as I would like) but just to have something presentable feels like an accomplishment. As such, may I present: Check Mate and Only Human
Image Image
Some notes on them:
- I wanted to have/complete the same amount of sections for each but the more I got into it the more I realized that Clint had a heck of a lot more info than Kate simply because he's been around for decades.
- There are not nearly enough quotes to go with each section that may change late.
- The quotes at the top of each page are generally from their respective character.
- I feel like there are probably typos and things I didn't expand upon enough so I will have to go back a fix a few things.
- They have a little shared launch page that is linked in the text above.

Anyway, sorry for being so late I was doing grad school and work and then ended up going away a lot so time got away from me. This is the exact opposite of the last challenge I did where I got my shrine done months in advance. I hope you all enjoy.

Also, I'm headed to bed now so I won't update my updates log or shrine list on the domain until tomorrow in case anyone is looking.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Clint Barton & Kate Bishop

Post by Robin »

Wonderful, wonderful work! I love the landing page, and the two shrines complement each other so well both in the depth of content and the design. (And I am really digging the black/violet/white color scheme!!! <3 Looks so sharp and clean, just like both Hawkeyes :D) I didn't know a lot about Clint Barton's character and knew absolutely nothing about Kate Bishop, but your shrines do a great job of introducing and informing.

I'm really looking forward to the content you're going to add later, too, but for right now these two sites make a beautiful Dynamic Duos entry! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

*deep intake of breath* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE X3 I'm SO stoked to see another Marvel shrine! <3 I love Clint and Kate; I've been waiting eagerly for your project to get done and it was so worth the wait. You've definitely managed to cover a lot of the important bits and I love the symmetry between both sites.

Maybe when I get off my ass and update my Black Cat shrine, we can affiliate. <3
Anise

Post by Anise »

Thank you guys!

I would be happy to affiliate anytime you want Laura!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

OK I am super happy to see these shrines, Hawkeye in particular! I've never read the Hawkeye comics so I am enjoying reading the history and backstory through your sites. Both sites work incredibly well as a pair ♥ I'm sure you have lots of plans to work on them more in the future but one thing I thought of is that I would appreciate would be some thumbnails on the "Ladies" and "Young Avengers" pages of the respective characters.

Great job on getting them up! I'm so excited! WOO!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

First, I love the matching layouts & buttons! Really a nice touch to show that you signed up for them with DD! I also am really glad to see some more comic book character sites showing up! These sites are a great inspiration for me, and others, to get on board and create more comic sites!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Anise

Post by Anise »

Destinie, thanks so much! I definitely need to add thumbnails. It was one of the things I hadn't reached yet.

Megan, so glad you like it. I love comics so I'd love to see more.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I really like the splash page for them both! It's a really creative idea. The layouts are beautiful, and the color scheme is super unique and works super nicely with the hexagons. The design is really nice. I really like that you used purple (and also mentioned how important the color is to the characters).

Some of my favorite Marvel characters to read about are the ones that don't have any superhuman abilities and mostly are just able to keep up through their own determination and strengths. My favorite thing about your shrines is that you highlight this fact about both of these characters and portray them both in a very "human" manner, describing their flaws but also explaining what makes them so strong. I know a bit about Hawkeye and his history, but I still really enjoyed reading your pages dedicated to him. I didn't know nearly as much about Kate Bishop prior to reading your shrine, but it was really great to read through. I feel like I have a great understanding of the character and her relationship with Hawkeye through your writing.

--
I wanted to let you know that there's a few instances where some characters don't seem to be displaying properly on both shrines (for me) just in case this is something you want to fix! It appears to mostly be ' that isn't displaying right. For example, this page displays this sentence like so:
she didn’t have a family legacy to hold up or powers that were just like another Avenger’s powers.
--

The writing is very clear and concise for both shrines, and I really like how the content mirrors each other. I especially enjoyed the analysis pages on both shrines, and I'm really excited to read the rest once you get a chance to finish them. I like how you made two separate shrines but still highlight how important each character is to the other's development. This presentation is great, and I loved reading through everything!
Anise

Post by Anise »

I'm so glad you liked it.

I must have missed that on a few pages. Microsoft Word determined that it should have it's own version of the ' . So I usually just fix it when I move it to code. Thanks so much for letting me know.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Although I don't read comic series much, I'm somewhat familiar with these characters, mostly due to my friend who reads them (and adores Hawkeye, haha)! Nevertheless, I had no trouble reading your shrines, and what lovely sites they are!

The layout is so awesome! I love the pattern going on and the intense color scheme. The way it's designed and set up makes me think of a spy or action thriller, haha. And that splash page? Adorable!

All the content was well-written and easy to follow. As someone who really only knows Hawkeye from his appearances in films, I was surprised to find out about his hearing disability! That, combined with the fact that he doesn't really have any "super powers" to boast of, made him so much more fascinating to me. I'm really looking forward to your essays, especially the one regarding his previous alias (I think?)!

I knew nothing about Kate Bishop, but your writing brought her to life for me. I enjoyed reading about her—especially the bit about her using Clint's bow and how it reflects her skills as an archer. Also, it's really great that you tried to make these shrines equal in content. Although Clint has a lot more information by virtue of being around longer, I think you did Kate's character justice. Just like Hawkeye, I'm also looking forward to your future essays on her!

Both shrines also give a really interesting perspective regarding these two's relationship. I really like how you integrated it in most of your essays; it was great reading about how they influence one another.

Also! I LOVED browsing your galleries. Ugh, the artwork is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it so I can drool over them, ahahaha.

Again, I'm looking forward to seeing these shrines grow. Well done! :content: :heart: :star: