Love You to the Moon - Bing Bong from Inside Out

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Love You to the Moon - Bing Bong from Inside Out

Post by Robin »

Megan A wrote:Everything looks great! The images look AMAZING with the text. They really liven up the content. I loved the shrine before, but I think it's even better now. Awesome revamp!
Thank you so much!! :D :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I can't remember if I already said this to you, Robin, but I'm super flattered my site was an inspiration. <3 The new layout looks great - the colours are lovely, the images and text work well together and it's clear how much work went in to making it all work together. I always enjoyed this site, and this revamp made it even better.
a spoony bard
Jae

Post by Jae »

Oh, Robin! I love what you do with images. You're not afraid to use them to further illustrate a point, and Love You to the Moon really reads like a well-written picture book. Your graceful and eloquent writing style always blows me away.

Tissue break always gets me, too.

Your essays section really nails what the character has done for Riley and the rest of the movie. He was a sad but necessary sacrifice for growth and change. I enjoyed reading these articles a lot.
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Emma wrote:I can't remember if I already said this to you, Robin, but I'm super flattered my site was an inspiration. <3 The new layout looks great - the colours are lovely, the images and text work well together and it's clear how much work went in to making it all work together. I always enjoyed this site, and this revamp made it even better.
^O^ thank you so much!! :D :D The old layout was mostly a result of me floundering around trying to figure out how to present the site, and then I saw your lovely Beatrix layout and my brain was like "OMG YEAH THAT--THAT RIGHT THERE!" That helped me get over the stumbling block and make the revamped layout :D :D
Jae wrote:Oh, Robin! I love what you do with images. You're not afraid to use them to further illustrate a point, and Love You to the Moon really reads like a well-written picture book. Your graceful and eloquent writing style always blows me away.

Tissue break always gets me, too.

Your essays section really nails what the character has done for Riley and the rest of the movie. He was a sad but necessary sacrifice for growth and change. I enjoyed reading these articles a lot.
Awww thank you!! This is so sweet :D :D :D I'm so glad the images and writing work well together (yay good screencap source 8D) and that the essay section covers the character of Bing Bong :)
withinmyworld.org
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Aaahhh, BING BONG. Wow, I'm totally going to cry reading your shrine; I dunno if I can handle this. (I cried three different times while watching this movie, okay, and 2/3 times were because of Bing Bong.)

The layout is so cuddly and friendly! The fonts you used are excellent and sophisticated, yet really play into the child-like atmosphere of the shrine. The pink/purple color scheme is so PRETTY and seeing Bing Bong's adorable smile just gives me warm fuzzies inside, do you know what I mean?! I also love the gradients you have going on in your headers. Everything is just so soft and lovely!

The information is put together well and flows really smoothly. I love the BIG images you used as well as the different videos and songs you linked. They compliment the content very well and are such colorful additions! Also, the two images you used with Bing Bong fading away is so powerful; I love it.

The shrine isn't without its small bits of humor, too—which I ADORE. 1) "The Moment We All Cried"—wow, first of all, how dare you title the section like that, WAY TO PREP MY TEARS, OKAY 2) "Tissue Break"—o-okay, I forgive you for that previous slight... /USES THE ENTIRE BOX

My favorite sections are definitely "bing bong = childhood innocence," "bing bong = the greatest friend" and "hope even after fading?" These sections really got a lot of emotion out of me—a combination of nostalgia, happiness and, most of all, a desire to create!

Thank you for creating such a lovely shrine! The revamp looks absolutely amazing. Great job! :content: :heart: :star:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Andrea wrote:Aaahhh, BING BONG. Wow, I'm totally going to cry reading your shrine; I dunno if I can handle this. (I cried three different times while watching this movie, okay, and 2/3 times were because of Bing Bong.)

The layout is so cuddly and friendly! The fonts you used are excellent and sophisticated, yet really play into the child-like atmosphere of the shrine. The pink/purple color scheme is so PRETTY and seeing Bing Bong's adorable smile just gives me warm fuzzies inside, do you know what I mean?! I also love the gradients you have going on in your headers. Everything is just so soft and lovely!

The information is put together well and flows really smoothly. I love the BIG images you used as well as the different videos and songs you linked. They compliment the content very well and are such colorful additions! Also, the two images you used with Bing Bong fading away is so powerful; I love it.

The shrine isn't without its small bits of humor, too—which I ADORE. 1) "The Moment We All Cried"—wow, first of all, how dare you title the section like that, WAY TO PREP MY TEARS, OKAY 2) "Tissue Break"—o-okay, I forgive you for that previous slight... /USES THE ENTIRE BOX

My favorite sections are definitely "bing bong = childhood innocence," "bing bong = the greatest friend" and "hope even after fading?" These sections really got a lot of emotion out of me—a combination of nostalgia, happiness and, most of all, a desire to create!

Thank you for creating such a lovely shrine! The revamp looks absolutely amazing. Great job! :content: :heart: :star:
Awwwwwww thank you!!! <3<3<3<3<3 I'm so glad the shrine speaks to you this much!! (I was afraid I was mostly flailing around with feels and not being quite coherent earlier, so I'm glad I had the chance to revamp :P)

The "hope even after fading?" section is one of my faves, too...I wanted to "end" the essay content on a happier note, and I had found that Ursula K. Le Guin quote a few years ago for a Pinterest board, so I just sorta put two and two together :D

(Also, the "tissue break" moment still makes me giggle even though I've scrolled through my site a bazillion times, XD!! I think it helps with our enjoyment of the site--and being able to actually read instead of bawling the rest of the time, LOL)
withinmyworld.org
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I have to confess when I first glanced at this topic title, the image that popped into my head was of a tragic love story about a moon deity... I don't know what I was thinking lol :oh:

bawww reading through the whole thing was both uplifting and sad. :sob:

Thanks for making this site, I can't comment more coherently because I'm too sad right now...
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Congrats on finishing this revamp, Robin! :D I love the way you've used images to help illustrate both the narrative of your writing & the story of Inside Out. As with many of your shrines, I enjoy your knack for humor and that you're never afraid to insert a bit of that in: I saw this movie with two grown ass men: my dad and my boyfriend, who both cried during Bing Bong's departure so I can say with 100% certainty that a tissue break is indeed required LOL.

I am pretty sure I've read this shrine before (because I loved the movie and recall this title XD), although I don't think I commented on it--but I think it's a great little piece! Nice retelling of the story to aid in your consistently on-point, reflective essays. I always really enjoy your writing and I think you have a great perspective on the many layers of storytelling: so I'm glad that someone like you explored a movie like Inside Out! (Which is so multi-faceted and beautiful!)

Great work Robin! :heart:
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

What a lovely revamp, Robin! :D I always love when people put new stuff they learned in use on new layouts! The colours and the fonts are lovely too! Well done! :star:
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Masao wrote:I have to confess when I first glanced at this topic title, the image that popped into my head was of a tragic love story about a moon deity... I don't know what I was thinking lol :oh:

bawww reading through the whole thing was both uplifting and sad. :sob:

Thanks for making this site, I can't comment more coherently because I'm too sad right now...
Yaaaas the feels train hits hard on this site, almost more than any other I've made (and that's saying something omg). I cry every time I read through this site, even if I'm trying to just read for typos/formatting bugs. *hugs*
Aku wrote:Congrats on finishing this revamp, Robin! :D I love the way you've used images to help illustrate both the narrative of your writing & the story of Inside Out. As with many of your shrines, I enjoy your knack for humor and that you're never afraid to insert a bit of that in: I saw this movie with two grown ass men: my dad and my boyfriend, who both cried during Bing Bong's departure so I can say with 100% certainty that a tissue break is indeed required LOL.

I am pretty sure I've read this shrine before (because I loved the movie and recall this title XD), although I don't think I commented on it--but I think it's a great little piece! Nice retelling of the story to aid in your consistently on-point, reflective essays. I always really enjoy your writing and I think you have a great perspective on the many layers of storytelling: so I'm glad that someone like you explored a movie like Inside Out! (Which is so multi-faceted and beautiful!)

Great work Robin! :heart:
*HUG* Thank you thank you for all the sweet compliments on the shrine, the writing, and the humor! <3<3<3 (man can you imagine trying to read through this site without some humor added in? I don't know that I even could have finished the site xD)
Chibi wrote:What a lovely revamp, Robin! :D I always love when people put new stuff they learned in use on new layouts! The colours and the fonts are lovely too! Well done! :star:
Thank you!! :D :D I am definitely in love with the "top bar and bottom bar framing the content" -style layouts right now, and it seems to make the site look cleaner and more crisp :)
withinmyworld.org