Precious Memories: Rune Factory 4

From August to the end of October 2016, revamp your existing shrines to bring them up to your current standards! Add new content, refine existing content and sweep your shrines for any errors.
Crystal

Precious Memories: Rune Factory 4

Post by Crystal »

Alright! I'm finished my Shrine Revamp project! I'm pretty excited to have been able to work on this site again. I was sad to leave it one page short but now it is complete. Hooray! Also thank you Megan A for the pretty button! <3

Here's what I did:
  • Modified the layout which meant changing the body text to use Google Fonts fonts and made the text size larger for easier reading. Also made the layout wider so the content doesn't look so squished with the larger font size and made the fonts on the header image bigger to fill up space.
  • Finished the Selphia page. When I opened this site I felt like something was missing and I think this page helps fill in the gap. I originally thought about writing up summaries for the story arcs but that felt like too much work plus the information was readily available on wiki's. I like this approach better. Also thank you Lethe for beta reading for me!
  • Rewrote the descriptions on the Characters page to make them feel more my words (although honestly I just rewrote most of the in-game descriptions) and appear the same length for consistency (which is actually kinda hard to do with so many varying gifts). I felt like I got a little lazy toward the top, as I started at the bottom, but hopefully it's all okay.
Here's what I didn't do:
  • I know we talked in Discord about adding a gallery, but I just didn't feel like doing one at the moment. It wasn't on my list of things I wanted to do with the site for Shrine Revamp so I'm holding off on it for now until I get more work done with the rest of my sites. One day maybe!
And yeah, that's about everything. At least I think it is. I might have forgotten something.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Laura

Re: Precious Memories: Rune Factory 4

Post by Laura »

I really love the updates!! I really like what you did with the Selphia page; it gives a really good overview of all the different activities in the game without spoiling anything. I think that's some really key info you've included for people curious about the game... there's something for everyone and you managed to really emphasize that. <3

I also like the new descriptions for the characters. :3 And of course that you included what they like... it's good reference for people wondering what to give and actually kinda gives some insight into their personalities a bit. (Some more than others hahah) <3

I hope you can eventually add a gallery because the artwork is really cute! BUT I can understand why you chose not to because of all the other work you have on your plate. XD It gives us something else to look forward to in the future. <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Beautiful revamp, Crystal! (GOOGLE FONTS GOOGLE FONTS YAYAYAYAY AREN'T THEY GLORIOUSSSSS)

Also want to congratulate you on the Selphia page--it is definitely what was missing (for me, at least), and with that additional info, I feel introduced to the subject without being overwhelmed. And the music page!! Was that there before?? If so, I completely blipped on it...LOL (entirely possible xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thank you Laura and Robin! <333
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

great job! Love the updates! Glad you got to work on it more! ♥

My man...Leon...♥♥
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Destinie! Hehe.

@Robin: I dunno why this slipped my mind but yes the music page has always been there lol.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Crystal: Ah ok! I must have missed it. I really like how you delve into the composer's history as well as going into detail on your favorite songs from the soundtrack--the article examines the game from a perspective that usually is overlooked when talking about a video game! :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

No worries Robin! Yeah I agree. It was so fun to write about all that stuff though. :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

You already know my thoughts on the Selphia page, and again, I'm so glad you got that one up! It's a great addition, and at the same time, it's very you. <3

I just wanted to drop in and say that I really enjoy the larger font-size in your recent designs. *O* So lovely!

Don't feel pressured to add a gallery just because it was one of our suggestions! :D Go at your own pace and do your own thing; we're just here to help with the brainstorming.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Thanks Lethe! :D