Secret Santa 2016 (sign up)

Browse all previous Activities!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Secret Santa 2016 (sign up)

Post by nyxmidnight »

Fffffffffffffffffffffine I'll do my best.

* Name: Nyx Midnight
* Preferred Contact Method: nyxmidnight at the gmail
* Collective URL: http://nyx.nightbringer.net/ . My only shrine currently up is my CZ project: http://nyx.nightbringer.net/demi-fiend/

* Your top fandoms: As of right now:
1. SMT/Megaten that are not Persona (in order, Nocturne, SMT4A, Digital Devil Saga series, Raidou series). Favourites: Demi-Fiend, Futomimi + Manikins, Nanashi, Raido(u) Kuzunoha 14 + Go(u)to, Gale, Roland, Lucifer, Jack Frost and Frost demons, Mara.
2. Fire Emblem: Fates. Favourites: XANDER, Odin, Niles, Leo, Ashura, Izana [Xander/Ryoma, Odin/Niles/Leo in all combinations. No angst plz]

My social media are all out of whack and currently wildly inaccurate so I can't really link anything, sorry. I need to do some deep cleaning everywhere.

* Gifts you'd like to receive:
I realise I don't have much in the way of... web presence, lately, so gifts that are not shrine related are fine! (Shrine related gifts are also fine of course).

Right now, what I could really use throughout December is inspiration to get me back into fansites/shrining/Web.
- Any form of inspiration for putting a collective (back) together: layout/structure ideas, content, organisation, colour palette, fonts, etc.
- Quotes and lyrics, music recs, reading suggestions (fanworks are fine);
- Beautiful (fan)arts;
- Nice fonts (heck you can even rec me Google Fonts, they've added a lot lately and I didn't have time to browse it all), textures/patterns, resources;
- A new avatar/icon for forums and social accounts;
- Interesting metas and tidbits about characters I love/shrined/plan to shrine. List provided below.
- A new wallpaper for my laptop, dimensions coming soon. 1366 x 768.

* Gifts you'd prefer to avoid:
- I'll be happy with anything LAY IT ON ME.

* Comments:
HAPPY SECRET SANTA AND STUFF.

List:
Show/HideSPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Shrines I made that are coming back:
- So Scandalous!, Mara (teehee)
- DILF, Ryotaro Dojima
- Atheist, Adil of the Lokapala
- Beautiful, Chiaki Tachibana
- Sacred Vessels, Futomimi + Sakahagi + Manikins
- Praise to my Father, Sparda
- Seeds of Love, Eva

Shrines that need serious work before coming back:
- La Poupée qui fait non, Sky Doll series
- Stronger, Vergil son of Sparda
- Senpai Noticed Me!, Junpei Iori/Akihiko Sanada

Definitely getting made:
- Extraordinary, Demi-Fiend (currently CZ)
- Dharma, Roland
- The One Word, a celebration of queerness in DDS
- L'énigmatique Monsieur D., Lucifer
- Hee to the Ho!, Frost clan
- Son of a Fox, Kuzunoha clan

That one project I want to add but also feel embarrassed about:
- untitled, Xander of Nohr/Ryoma of Hoshido
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

* Name: Larissa
* Preferred Contact Method: larissachama at gmail
* Collective URL: redcrown.net
* Your top fandoms:
- In general, Final Fantasy is always a good bet. (Most into 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, Tactics.)
- Super into Critical Role right now (ie this is all I talk about these days, whoops)
- Other fandoms I like a lot: Fallout, Pokémon, Ace Attorney, Miraculous Ladybug, Mass Effect, Sailor Moon. More comprehensive list here.
- Favorite characters, favorite pairings.

- Echoing people above, site-related stuff isn't necessary; if it's what you want to make then awesome, but hopefully I've provided enough options so that if it's not the route you want to go then you can do something else. /o/
- Wallpapers! These days I use my iPad a lot of the time (because my computer has been on the fritz) so I would love a selection of iPad Air 2 wallpapers (landscqpe, not portrait). I really love nature photography and cityscapes (basically anything in my inspiration tag) but fandom-related stuff is good too.
- I haven't been listening to much new music this year. Please give me music recs. Here is my last.fm; I listen to a lot of Jpop/Jrock, video game music, and post-rock, but frankly I could stand to have my horizons broadened. Share some new stuff with me. For a good starting point, I like rock music, instrumental music, and remixes.
- I literally can never have enough icons of Lightning. Please add to my collection. Both Twitter size and forum size/100x100 would be lovely. Look I even have a whole gallery for you. Twitter headers would be swell too.
- I'm gonna shamelessly copy Lethe on this one: send me essays/meta on stuff I'm into. Give me all the tl;dr.
- Alternatively, fic recs or fanart links for the characters/pairings I like. For fic, I really like longfic! The longer the better.
- Okay onto site stuff! Firstly: LINK BUTTONS FOR FANSITES THAT NEED THEM lmao i'm so lazy about making buttons. I don't even mind making buttons, I'm just lazy. If a site only has 1 or 2 sets of buttons with the layout image then you can tell I got super lazy and didn't make any more. Help me out. (88x31, 100x35, 200x40!)
- A layout for any of the fanlistings on this list. Please keep the navigation the same (usually subject/fanlisting/site or something similar - actually if that isn't the navigation, go with that).
- A layout for Cid, Zen, or Mystina because wow all of these need new layouts and I have no ideas. There's a gallery of images on the site for Cid, but Zen and Mystina are both hard to find images for so I can provide them if necessary.
- Media donations for sites that already have galleries - for example, concept artwork I'm missing on one of my FF sites. I would also love donations of icons (both twitter size and 100x100; also twitter headers would be great).
- Fanlisting codes! I don't have a list of fanlistings that need codes (I keep forgetting to make one) but if a fanlisting has 3 or less sets of codes, then it probably needs more. Alternatively, fanlistings that don't have at least one code in all of the standard sizes.
- TEXTURES. I can never have enough textures. I already spend way too much going through my texture folder every time I make a layout. Make it even worse for me by sending me links to more textures. Or a zip of textures you use.

- Please no layouts for sites not mentioned above; I either like the one that's up or have something in mind for a new layout.
- Media donations for sites that don't have galleries, and fanwork donations in general.

* Comments:
- Don't worry too much about what to send me, just have fun! :heart:

slides in late and tl;drs everywhere
Last edited by Larissa on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tonight fate is the
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Yay for signing up at the last minute (and probably being the last to sign up)!

* Name: Chibi
* Preferred Contact Method: email: banzaychibichan @ gmail / discord: rythulian#1005
* Collective URL: http://eternal-wings.net
* Your top fandoms: I’m not going to link my other accounts because most of them are pretty out of date, but this is a pretty comprehensive list of all the fandoms I would like to receive gifts for. :) (My twitter is also the place I am most active these days and where I fangirl over my fandoms…)

Anime/Manga/Cartoons: xxxHOLiC, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Card Captor Sakura, Honey & Clover, Beyblade, Sailor Moon, Legend of Korra, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Mawaru Penguindrum, Magic Knight Rayearth.
Comics: Wonder Woman, Hellboy, Superman, Aquaman.
Books: The Little Prince, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Rings.
Video Games: Grandia, Grandia II, Breath of Fire III & IV, Suikoden, Journey, Okami, Golden Sun, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory 4, Odin Sphere, To The Moon.
TV/Films: The IT Crowd, Disney (esp. Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Sword in the Stone, Brave), Studio Ghibli (esp. Howl’s Moving Castle), Leverage, Beginners (film), Moulin Rouge, DCEU (stuff like Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Wonder Woman), Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lord of the Rings.
Favourite characters: Watanuki (xxxHolic), Sakura (TRC/CCS), Kai Hiwatari (Beyblade), Kisshu (Tokyo Mew Mew), Korra, Wonder Woman, Zuko (ATLA), Hotaru/Sailor Saturn Rei/Sailor Mars, Michiru/Sailor Neptune (BSSM), Hiccup (HTTYD), Team RWBY (RWBY), Max (Life is Strange), Vulpix (Pokemon).
OTPs: Takao/Hiromi (Beyblade), Hiccup/Merida (HTTYD/Brave), Chuck/Blair (Gossip Girl)
Other: RWBY, space, mythology (especially Japanese, Norse & Celtic), autumn, wings/winged things or people, cosy things, also I have a shameless crush on Henry Cavill. :heart:

* Gifts you'd like to receive: I am open to a bunch of different gifts, hopefully these offer a wide enough choice! :)

- Graphics, such as: avatars (forum avatars and twitter avatars — just, any avatar is more than welcome! I love avatars and think you can never have too many, haha), wallpapers and other stuff like twitter headers, etc.

- Site-related things, such as: layouts, headers, buttons, etc. are always more than welcome! (Layouts in particular because right now I have no inspiration to make layouts and am going through a personal block… sob.) Layouts can be for any site, including my collectives (especially rythulian.net at the moment since it still has no layout). I will say, some fanlistings need layouts & codes desperately, but my priority at the moment though are definitely my collectives and shrines. (I plan on letting go of a bunch of fanlistings too, but if it’s a fanlisting for a fandom mentioned above, rest assured that I will not let it go, so it’s safe to make stuff for it.)

- Resources, such as: cool snippets of code, websites that help with coding (especially for new things like SASS, Bootstrap, responsiveness, etc. — I am pretty rusty so chances are a lot of stuff will probably be pretty new to me!), websites that provide inspiration in case of layout block, websites that show you how to code cool effects/have a gallery of those… stuff like that!

Textures, brushes, patterns, fonts, colour palettes, huge background images that can be used for anything and stuff like that are very welcome too! (Especially textures, I often can’t resist a pretty texture! Link me to them or send me a zip of textures you use, I don’t mind!)

Neat scripts that can do useful stuff, both for collectives/fanlistings/shrines and non-shrines are very welcome too! Also links to resources and software that can help a lot with shrining and other site stuff are welcome too.

- Links to essays/analysis/interpretation about things that I love — it can be anything as long as it’s interesting to read! (I plan on shrining most of the stuff that I love mentioned above, so there would definitely come in handy.)

- Fan-made stuff, such as: fanarts, fanfictions and fan mixes. (I am very hard to please when it comes to those things, also I don’t really dabble in that side of fandom anymore.)
- Tumblr graphics, edits, etc. (I don’t have a tumblr anymore so I’m afraid those would be wasted on me.)

* Comments:
Do not stress over it, just have fun with it! I’ll be happy with whatever I receive, the point for me is to deepen bonds and friendships. Have fun! :heart:
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

* Name: Elysa
* Preferred Contact Method: Email; lotus (at) nymphae.net
* Collective URL: http://nymphae.net
* Your top fandoms:
  • 3-gatsu no Lion (Rei, Akari, Hinata)
  • Akagami no Shirayukihime (Shirayuki, Zen, Shirayuki/Zen, Obi, Mitsuhide, Kiki) - preferably the manga!!
  • Baccano! (It has a huge cast and I like just about all of them, but two of my favorites are Firo Prochainezo and Ennis, as individuals and a couple.)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura (Syaoran, Sakura/Syaoran)
  • Haikyuu (Hinata, Kageyama, Nishinoya, Sugawara)
  • Hunter x Hunter (Killua)
  • Song Joongki (seen: A Werewolf Boy, Descendants of the Sun, Running Man, Sungkyunkwan Scandal)
Other characters/couples I like: Shin-ah (Akatsuki no Yona), Allen Walker (D.Gray-man), Niwa Daisuke (D.N. Angel), Sano/Mizuki (HanaKimi), Kazehaya/Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke), Chopper (One Piece), Anna/Yoh (Shaman King), Sumeragi Subaru (Tokyo Babylon/X), Shirou Kamui (X)

• Fanlisting buttons (50x50/88x31/100x50 mainly but 100x35 is also okay!) for Killua, +Anima, HanaKimi
  • Wallpapers (1366x768, but larger is also okay, as I might look into a new laptop with an as of yet unknown resolution...)
  • Cute gifs (stuff like this or this)
  • Resources like brushes/patterns/textures
  • Layouts for any of the following sites: Momiji, SHINee, my FL collective or the following FLs: +Anima, Daisuke, HanaKimi (also taking name suggestions for HanaKimi...), Shaman King
  • I'm not planning to work on my upcoming sites any time soon, but if that doesn't bother you, I'd be happy with name suggestions and/or layouts for any of the first three as well if you can figure out what they're for... <O><O>!
* Gifts you'd prefer to avoid: fanfics, icons
* Comments: If you're stuck, also feel free to send me just cute images like baby animals (e.g. kittens/puppies/pandas), cute tsum tsum stuff or cute/pretty fanart of the characters/couples listed above!! If you know any anime/manga series you think I'd like, feel free to list them as well, with or without a short blurb why! My MAL lists are pretty complete, I think! Just don't look at the scores because I gave those years ago and I suck at scoring, LOL. Don't feel pressed to gift me huge things, okay, just have fun with it!! :heart:
Last edited by Elysa on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

* Name: Shinju
* Preferred Contact Method: seafoam (@) love.com
* Collective URL: http://snow-heart.net
* Your top fandoms:
Below is a list of my current fandoms. You could also see my tumblr (+ tags) for ideas. It’s overly outdated though (I need to come back, lmao) but they are a pretty safe bet aside from below.

. . Voltron: Shiro and Shiro/Keith.
. . Mystic Messenger: ZEN and 707 are my main biases although I also like V and Unknown.
. . Miraculous Ladybug: Marinette, Adrien, Adrien/Marinette
. . Gangsta.: Benriya, Nicolas/Alex
. . Noragami: Yato, Hiyori, Yato/Hiyori
. . Yuri!! On Ice: Victor, Yuuri, Yuri(o), Victor/Yuuri
. . Lee Jongsuk
. . Misc: pink+pastels, cats, pandas, winter, quotes (inspirational, life, love, positivity, melancholy, heartbreak)

. . Other faves: Okita Souji (Hakuouki), Yamamoto Takeshi, Sheryl Nome, Haruno Sakura, Kamijou Hiroki, Richard Grayson, charmander + cherrim + sylveon

I’m open to just about anything. Like others have mentioned, they don’t have to be site related at all. Here are some ideas:

Music recommendations and/or fanmixes of artists/songs you think I might like. I’m generally into (sad) love songs/ballads but my taste in music is very wide (e.g., oldies; country pop - think Sam Hunt; rock, "heaviest" would be Breaking Benjamin for me; Jpop/rock; Kpop, etc.). Please no heavy metal and screamo; they are my one way ticket to a headache ;orz. I’m currently in love with Lauv so similar artists would be awesome or artists similar to Aimer, SPYAIR and ONE OK ROCK. Here’s my super outdated last.fm for other ideas. :swt2:

Fanfic recommendations of my ships. I’ll take anything from fluff, spicy and angst. I’d love it if the stories were lengthy. ;w;

Links to fanarts of fave characters and ships. :heart:

Recommend me site resources (brushes, textures, fonts, color palettes) because you can never have enough of them, haha. I’m especially partial to floral, shoujo + sparkle, stars and cloud brushes. A link to the creator(s) would be nice as well for crediting.

Links to metas/theories regarding the series/characters/ships I’m into especially those listed above. :inlove:

Quotes / pretty words as graphics? Snippets of your favorite lines in movies, books, songs, etc. that you think I would like. Then we could squeal or cry together. ;A;<3

Movie recommendations that you think I might like. Why you like it and why you’d recommend it? I’m open to any genre as long as it isn’t horror/paranormal; I gave that up years ago because I’m a chicken, ok. ;~; Romance and tear-jerkers are A+++

Graphics: icons (twitter/board), edits + photosets + manga colorings, etc. I can reblog at tumblr (or link me to them ;w;v).

Fanlisting buttons for: Killian/Emma, Neku, Yoite, Yoite/Miharu, Jellal/Erza, or Tyki

Layout for Patron? This honestly needs a makeover but I currently have no idea on the next look, haha. /hit

Gifs / pictures of cute things, cats, pandas

Layouts for sites that were not mentioned above.
Wallpapers, as much as I think they are cute, is wasted on me because I rarely change my desktop backgrounds ;orz
Fanlisting codes that were not mentioned above :x

* Comments:
I'm sorry for outdated accounts. :bleh: That's what happens when you disappear lmao. My current fandoms are a good bet though! Please don’t stress about it! Just seeing a few of my favorite things are enough to make me smile tbh :D It’s the thought that counts.
Last edited by Shinju on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no stopping the heart once it falls.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

:content: Sign ups are closed now. Until assignments go out on the 23rd, feel free to edit your sign ups. I'll also edit the first post with how to send in your gifts once assignments have gone out.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.