[Requesting] [Trading] Shrine Productivity Buddy/Buddies?

Request, offer and trade site-related services - including hosting - here!
Forum rules
Please take note of overlapping forums as described in the rules post. Inquiries and feedback requests go into either of these forums where applicable: Graphics and Coding, Shrine Betas.
Chibi

[Requesting] [Trading] Shrine Productivity Buddy/Buddies?

Post by Chibi »

A bit of an odd request, perhaps, but thought I'd give this a shot!

Basically, I want to be a lot more productive in 2017, but I'm really bad at it. At the moment I severely lack motivation to do stuff, but I want to persevere and still do stuff... I just need a bit of help.

Basically, I'd like a productivity buddy or buddies! Mostly shrine-related, but can be for anything else that we're trying to accomplish as well (like, say, university coursework). Basically we'd just be poking each other daily, or once every couple of days, to check in on each other, motivate each other and work on our stuff together! To make sure we're both being productive and to get us out of any runt we may be in that day/week. We can poke each other on twitter, discord or even by email, chat about anything, inspire each other and keep each other motivated.

But this is totally a no-pressure thing! If both of us or one of us is really busy, then that's no problem at all! It's not a super-strict thing, I know real life can be really hectic and sometimes we really just need a rest for our own health. This should be just "strict" enough to motivate us and accomplish things. :)

I've reached out to a couple of people already, but I thought maybe a post could make it more of an "official" thing, haha. XD Let's motivate each other and be productive together, if you're up for it~! :heart:
Destinie

Re: [Requesting] [Trading] Shrine Productivity Buddy/Buddies

Post by Destinie »

I'd definitely love to help, if I can. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I'm willing to help, even if it's just to help you create a month by month planning list!

(Seriously, this super simple idea has saved my webdesigning LIFE <3 I thought it would put me under a ton of pressure and instead it's felt SO MOTIVATING <3<3<3)

Also feel free to @mention me on Discord anytime (just in case my discord mobile app is dumb and won't show notifications, which is like 99.99999% of the time xD)! I will get the shrining pompoms out and we will ROCK THAT JOINT <3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

OMG ROBIN THAT IDEA IS SO GREAT!
Right now I just keep all my goals on a sticky in my Google Keep account but I love that level of detail. It helps to do a little bit at a time instead of "binging" on shrine work, which I tend to do, and then get burnt out. >_>
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

*shy wave* I'm interested in this, too!

First step: I'm gonna try to hammer out Robin's month-by-month list

RAY GUN SUE
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

CHIBI I AM SAD YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK /DRAMATIC GASP; DRAMATIC POSE/

/salutes/ Private Emrys, reporting for duty whenever she may be needed!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Robin wrote:I'm willing to help, even if it's just to help you create a month by month planning list!

(Seriously, this super simple idea has saved my webdesigning LIFE <3 I thought it would put me under a ton of pressure and instead it's felt SO MOTIVATING <3<3<3)
Holy poop I need me one of those! :O

I would also be down for mutual enabling and cheerleading! I need to do something with my life outside of worrying and despairing!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS I DIDN'T EXPECT SO MANY LOVELY REPLIES :heart: This is awesome!! :D

Do you guys want to have a private group on discord where we poke each other, or did you want to do 1-on-1 poking (... okay that sounds ridiculous haha) checking in on each other? I'm happy either way, but I know some people like 1-on-1 better. Or, alternatively, we can even do both! So we can have a group and then do 1-on-1's depending on what we feel like that day/week. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Chibi wrote:OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS I DIDN'T EXPECT SO MANY LOVELY REPLIES :heart: This is awesome!! :D

Do you guys want to have a private group on discord where we poke each other, or did you want to do 1-on-1 poking (... okay that sounds ridiculous haha) checking in on each other? I'm happy either way, but I know some people like 1-on-1 better. Or, alternatively, we can even do both! So we can have a group and then do 1-on-1's depending on what we feel like that day/week. :)
1-on-1 POKING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
</adolescent giggling fit>

Private group on Discord would be AWESOME <3 (and doing both would be even better!)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

I would very very down for a group on Discord! :D (now that I'm using it..... coughs)