Eye of the Tiger - Litten from Pokemon

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Eye of the Tiger - Litten from Pokemon

Post by Destinie »

Eye of the Tiger
Litten from Pokemon
So many of you may know I have been working on a Litten tribute after I got the fanlisting. To be quite honest, I have been planning on working on something for quite a while. I decided to plug this site here (and I've also made a spreadsheet to organize when I will work on what) to work on getting it finished!

Progress:

2/4- Plugged site. Finished basics page and cleaned up index page. Still working out navigation and what to write.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Eye of the Tiger - Litten from Pokemon

Post by Robin »

OOOO DAT HEADER THO <3

I like this full-width layout and how it showcases Litten really well! Also it looks like you've got a great headstart on the basics and fans pages :D

What kinds of topics do you want to cover in the site? Connections to real-life cats (wild and domestic), mythological bases, how its powers sync up with cats and fire? :) (just trying to help brainstorm LOL)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Your layouts are always so neat and pretty Destinie!! This one is no exception. :> Everything looks great so far!
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Destinie, this layout is adorable!

Something I love about all of your sites is how accessible your content is! You have the best presentation of navigation in everything you make.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Robin Excellent questions! I am thinking about comparing Litten to other cat Pokemon, talking about the connection of tiger/fire in Chinese horoscope, discussion of Incineroar and Tiger Mask (Cherri is also working on a guest post for me!) and I was also thinking about having a section where I showcase my own alternative final forms for Litten.

I talked a little bit about cats and tigers in the basic page. Since there's not a ton of game data I'm not sure what else to talk about. Thinking of also doing a highlight of Litten from the anime, too. I just need to watch more of it.

@Tara and Todd Thanks so much! My clear navigation is a by-product of being a UX designer. My brain is always like "EVERYTHING MUST BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE!!" hahaa
Saya

Post by Saya »

*^*
I love this pokemon; can't wait to see more, and I agree with Todd on about the accessibility
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is so cute!
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I really like how the header and navigation is set up, and how the content is displayed. I love your extra details like the texture in the font and the diagonal stripe used in the header, footer, and the blockquote. It's a really great design and everything pulls together really nicely. The navigation is clear and concise, and I really love the subtle beige squares.

I really like your speculation on Litten's name and personality and your discussion about tigers and tabby cats. I think it's a great start, and I'm excited to see the future sections.
I am thinking about comparing Litten to other cat Pokemon, talking about the connection of tiger/fire in Chinese horoscope, discussion of Incineroar and Tiger Mask (Cherri is also working on a guest post for me!) and I was also thinking about having a section where I showcase my own alternative final forms for Litten.
SOOOO excited for these! :O I LOVE the idea of including your own ideas for final evolutions. Are you planning on drawing them for that section? :eyes: Super happy to see a gen 7 Pokemon shrine in the works! :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Megan Yeah so that Rowlet shrine... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Kitty kitty! What a gorgeous layout ;_;

Aww, the tentative pun-based names in the Basics page!!!

I really like what you have so far! I can't wait to see more!!